Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

CTEK battery conditioner

I'll definitely come round, but i'm a bit blocked in at the moment with scaffolding, hence the need for a charger.

:thumb:

Looks like I'll be following the trend here and buying the CTEK 5.0 from Amazon with extension lead, cig connector and the health indicator. Should then mean I can use either way to charge as needed and monitor battery accordingly.

My Optimate 111 SP seems to be struggling to get the battery up to green anymore despite the other charger I have saying it ok. Then again the SP is more of a motorcycle charger and over 10years old now!

gilessav said:
Looks like I'll be following the trend here and buying the CTEK 5.0 from Amazon with extension lead, cig connector and the health indicator. Should then mean I can use either way to charge as needed and monitor battery accordingly.

My Optimate 111 SP seems to be struggling to get the battery up to green anymore despite the other charger I have saying it ok. Then again the SP is more of a motorcycle charger and over 10years old now!

Ive got the charger today, but I do not have the cigaret thing, what is the best and safest way to charge the battery, and can I still get the engine compartment open with only this one ??

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steamy
Back