Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Pre Purchase Cayenne advice

jalapenopepper

Hi there,

New to the forum and looking for some initial pointers if possible?

On the look out for a Cayenne, Turbo model, years 2003 to 2006 in my price range. (previous 996 C4S and reluctantly sold as need a 4 persons car)

Have read lots of info on the web and here on the forum which has been very useful and what to look out for in terms of generic problems, coolant pipes, coils, gearbox selector, prop shaft bearings, etc.

So my question is would I be better off looking at a newer model (05/06) with higher mileage or a later model (03/04) with lower mileage?

OK, I missed out the higher mileage 03/04 plates, if these are worth looking at assuming the main problems have been done recently then would appreciate any views.

Not bothered about the running costs as will do less than 10k a year and it is what it is for this type of vehicle.

Any thoughts very welcome.

Much appreciated.

Thanks for that, seen this and part of the reason for my question as there are earlier models with less mileage, same price.

Any knowledge of the high mileage issues?

Cheers

You won't find a turbo S any earlier, they only made them for 06/56
I know to two turbo S's with 130-140k on both with no issues other than the ones you have already mentioned,
Happy hunting :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back