Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Pilot Sport Cup...PS2 in wet?

911oz

Spa-Francorchamps
Pretty much as above, the PS2 is rated better in the wet on blackcircles.
Anyone able to compare wet traction between the 2? Or even the PS3?
Road noise any different?

Cheers
Oz

I went from PS2 to MPSS and have never looked back. Everyone I know who has made the jump wouldn't go back.

FZP, are you referring to the Super Sports? A mate of mine with a gallardo recommended these but they dont do them in the size for my 996T. Fronts yes rears no

Cup 2 are at the end of the day still a track tyre and therefore have limited ability to displace water. They are a massive improvement over the original cup tyres in the wet but compare them to PS2 or SS and you will find them lacking in the wet.

FZP, are you referring to the Super Sports? A mate of mine with a gallardo recommended these but they dont do them in the size for my 996T. Fronts yes rears no

Sorry double post wasn't meant!

For the MPSS my rear should be 296/30/18 but they only do a 295/35/18 and according to the tyre calc I used this isn't acceptable :-(

Super Sports is correct. I'd drop Michelin customer service a line and see what they say

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mchass
Back