Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New owner Turbo S

BND said:
IMI A said:
look forward to the pics :thumbs:

Should have pics by now but appalling service from HRE and Prestige Wheel Centre in Birmingham.

Got incredibly good service before I paid the money. Has now been a month for an inventory set of wheels and complete radio silence from both HRE and Prestige.

In your shoes I'd cancel the order and buy a set of BBS F1 R or OEM 991 GT3 wheels if you can stretch your budget. Other by far the best looking wheels out there for your particular car IMO but very pricey :thumb:

Mate awesome Turbo can't wait these this with ur new Rims Fitted #DreamCar :thumb:

Just back from Rico Rally so should have some pics this week.

IMI A said:
Links to both. The new BBS are the lightest wheels out there. Only one set on a 991 turbo S in the US as far as I'm aware. Doubt anyone has the in Europe has the F1 R is a new even lighter version of the F1.

http://www.rennteam.com/forum/page1.html?vs=14238_ff1a4cbd429d613eb13c3a20871d34a7

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/991-turbo/354847-new-bbs-fi-r-wheels-going-next-week-5.html

Looked at the F1-R but don't really like the look or fitment to be honest.

Have now got the HREs mounted and very happy with them.

My fav HRE wheel for the 991

12615848185_557a18460f_b.jpg

isysman said:
My fav HRE wheel for the 991

12615848185_557a18460f_b.jpg

3 piece wheels always tend to get damaged very easily - bend etc.

Nice wheels though - you can probably buy a very nice car for the amount they cost!

Quick pic with wheels, springs and exhaust fitted. Bit more work booked for later this month.

Very nice, what's the ride quality like now with the new springs?

apollokre1d said:
Very nice, what's the ride quality like now with the new springs?

Thanks. Ride quality feels similar to stock, perhaps a fraction firmer but not harsh. However I also put Cup 2 tyres on at same time so not a direct comparison.

Hi

We have taken the time to read through the earlier comments and are very surprised that there have been no further updates about the service we had provided.

Admittedly there was a an extra 2.5 week wait for the re-production of that set of HRE P103 wheels, something beyond our control here in the UK, however it was clearly explained to OP the reason for the delay on this order by HRE, and apologies were given throughout from us here at Prestige on their behalf.

We have since reviewed all correspondence between ourselves here and OP. Order placed with the factory was carried out promptly and all emails were answered within 24 hours and in the vast majority within a couple of hours.

We were aware of the fact the Rico rally was fast approaching so in the end we had the wheels skip the usual route through Germany and paid extra of our own expense to have the wheels shipped directly to us from factory, had fitters come back into work in the evening and then even delivered to the wheels personally to the place of installation in time even before they opened up shop.

We hide nothing in the respect of wheel production being late, however if a poor service is what's believed we provide i'm sure we would have been much more laid back about the whole situation and did nothing to try and meet any deadlines that were given to us after the order was placed.

Ultimately we are a small company, and really as we try so hard we really dont like the the fact that the words typed on a forum will always be here and put potential clients off using us in the future.

Im sure anyone on here who has purchased wheels from us can say we do ultimately provide a good service.

Once again on this rare occasion we are sorry for the delay in reproduction of your set.

Prestige Wheel Centre said:
Hi

We have taken the time to read through the earlier comments and are very surprised that there have been no further updates about the service we had provided.

Admittedly there was a an extra 2.5 week wait for the re-production of that set of HRE P103 wheels, something beyond our control here in the UK, however it was clearly explained to OP the reason for the delay on this order by HRE, and apologies were given throughout from us here at Prestige on their behalf.

We have since reviewed all correspondence between ourselves here and OP. Order placed with the factory was carried out promptly and all emails were answered within 24 hours and in the vast majority within a couple of hours.

We were aware of the fact the Rico rally was fast approaching so in the end we had the wheels skip the usual route through Germany and paid extra of our own expense to have the wheels shipped directly to us from factory, had fitters come back into work in the evening and then even delivered to the wheels personally to the place of installation in time even before they opened up shop.

We hide nothing in the respect of wheel production being late, however if a poor service is what's believed we provide i'm sure we would have been much more laid back about the whole situation and did nothing to try and meet any deadlines that were given to us after the order was placed.

Ultimately we are a small company, and really as we try so hard we really dont like the the fact that the words typed on a forum will always be here and put potential clients off using us in the future.

Im sure anyone on here who has purchased wheels from us can say we do ultimately provide a good service.

Once again on this rare occasion we are sorry for the delay in reproduction of your set.

Slight thread revival here. Car has now been tuned by Litchfield and I'll start a new thread with my reviews + a bunch of new photos from several 2015 Euro rallies and UK meets together with a pro photo shoot.

As for the comments above from Prestige Wheels, I have never said Delroy and the team are bad guys ... But if your sales pitch is don't buy direct out of the US but buy from the smaller guy in the UK and help out a local business, insist upon 100% payment up front and make promises about quick delivery then you have accept some responsibility.

Reality is that in the end I had to call HRE Europe myself several times, HRE Europe were complete a-holes to deal with and to this day basically said I should be thankful for the favour they did me ... and unfortunately it proves that you are best to buy aftermarket wheels direct from the home country. And this is my 9th set of high end wheels so I am no novice.

I also have emails that disprove some of claims above, but no need to labour the point any further.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StephCafe
Back