Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Need some advice GT2

ELA

Barcelona
Have been offered a 996GT2 to Swap for my 997GT3RS. I have not been following the 996GT2 market closely enough to have an informed opinion so would appreciate some help. Basically I have to sell my car so will not be looking at keeping the GT2. How is the current market for these; are they easy to sell and how much are they generally going for. It is a 2003, C16 with around 30K miles 4 owners.
Many thanks in advance guys :thumb:

ELA

There are a few cars for sale at £120k+ and some for more. However these seem to hang around for ages and reappear in the trade with another mark up.

However what I can say and know is of a low mileage 996GT2 that was up for £98k and it did not sell, it reappeared about 4 months ago at £110k and sold within 2 weeks (35k miles)

I would say the chancers want £130k upwards and have seen a couple at £150+k BUT £110-120k for a totally standard unmolested lowish mileage example is about right,,,just my opinion of course

GOODLUCK and have a great Xmas...lov yer car and what you have done to it

Morning Richie. Hope you're well ?

Spec is all important, so Clubsport or Comfort ? If Comfort, Comfort seats or leather buckets ?

Standard or modified ? Scope of modifications ?

Colour ?

If you're looking at a Midnight Blue comfort with Comfort seats and a host of mods, it'll be a tough car to sell on. A standard Guards Red Clubsport would be an entirely different proposition.

Plenty of these have ended up in hedges, ditches or wrapped around lamposts, so a very careful inspection to ensure panel originality (or quality of repairs after a shunt) is essential.

The market for 996 GT3/2's and RS's has softened over the past 3-6 months, maybe because buyers are now calling the shots rather than vendors, there may be a degree of seasonality to the market too.

A word of warning, there are currently more 996 GT2's up for sale on PH than there has been at any point over the last 18 months..... Prices are all over the place too.

Just be also aware, the 996 GT2 market is very limited, they are very much an acquired taste, the UK tally was less than 150 cars in total over 4 years of production, not only were they expensive, but they're not the easiest cars to drive.

Having owned two and lived to tell the tale, I don't consider them the "Widowmakers" some would have you believe them to be, but they're not the easiest/most relaxing of steers.

Whilst this might look an "easy" escape from your 997, be aware you may be heading out of the frying pan into the fire.

Have a good Christmas, hope to see you next year ! :thumb:

FRP said:
ELA

There are a few cars for sale at £120k+ and some for more. However these seem to hang around for ages and reappear in the trade with another mark up.

However what I can say and know is of a low mileage 996GT2 that was up for £98k and it did not sell, it reappeared about 4 months ago at £110k and sold within 2 weeks (35k miles)

I would say the chancers want £130k upwards and have seen a couple at £150+k BUT £110-120k for a totally standard unmolested lowish mileage example is about right,,,just my opinion of course

GOODLUCK and have a great Xmas...lov yer car and what you have done to it

:agree:

especially the last part! :thumb:

Slippydiff said:
Morning Richie. Hope you're well ?

Spec is all important, so Clubsport or Comfort ? If Comfort, Comfort seats or leather buckets ?

Standard or modified ? Scope of modifications ?

Colour ?

If you're looking at a Midnight Blue comfort with Comfort seats and a host of mods, it'll be a tough car to sell on. A standard Guards Red Clubsport would be an entirely different proposition.

Plenty of these have ended up in hedges, ditches or wrapped around lamposts, so a very careful inspection to ensure panel originality (or quality of repairs after a shunt) is essential.

The market for 996 GT3/2's and RS's has softened over the past 3-6 months, maybe because buyers are now calling the shots rather than vendors, there may be a degree of seasonality to the market too.

A word of warning, there are currently more 996 GT2's up for sale on PH than there has been at any point over the last 18 months..... Prices are all over the place too.

Just be also aware, the 996 GT2 market is very limited, they are very much an acquired taste, the UK tally was less than 150 cars in total over 4 years of production, not only were they expensive, but they're not the easiest cars to drive.

Having owned two and lived to tell the tale, I don't consider them the "Widowmakers" some would have you believe them to be, but they're not the easiest/most relaxing of steers.

Whilst this might look an "easy" escape from your 997, be aware you may be heading out of the frying pan into the fire.

Have a good Christmas, hope to see you next year ! :thumb:

Gentlemen I thank you all kindly and wish you all the best over the festive period :thumb: I don't want to go into too much detail about the car in question as it is not for sale as such, but in answer to the above:
Colour is black and has the club sport full cage, fire extinguisher and seats. Lightly modified with gt2 aluminium side kick panels, dash delete, matching black centre console and gt2 centre on the wheels instead of the Porsche crest, Alcon brake discs, RSR drop links, and kw3 suspension. I have also been informed there have been no accidents.
The last time I checked in around August, GT2's were around the £90k region+ with the GenII being considerably more...

I look forward to your visit next year H :thumb:

You might like to consider seeking an opinion from Ken Napier at 9Excellence and/or Tom at 911Virgin.

They appear to have a realistic view of this niche market product judging by their past threads and posts.

I do know picking up a straight GT2 is sometimes a case of finding a needle in a haystack having known someone who bought a crash-damaged wreck!

Tread carefully.

Keep the RS and stay clear of the widow maker :D

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robertcloftus
Back