Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GT3 trackday baiting ?

farook said:
I know the guy on the lotus forum - he is a nice mature guy but has a massive chip on his shoulder about Porsches...

20yrs ago people took their car brand to heart as a statement or something but the world has moved on and we all appreciate the qualities of different cars and definitely acknowledge driver skill as a big factor.

But sadly, our Jonny is somewhat challenged in this regard with reference to P cars...

He seems to know his way round a track well enough, You'll have to lend Jonny one of the GT3's from your stable Farook, :worship:

You might even persuade him into buying one :grin:

I had a bit of fun with a new one on the private road. It couldn't touch the GT3 in a straight line and after a roundabout the gap was even larger.

Track day pace is generally about the driver.

This is the problem with Open Pit Lane and non-Club Trackdays - there's always some wannabe hero with a point to prove. Perhaps it's a bit restrictive but there's a case for not allowing timing gear and cameras in/on the car on a normal trackday.

I don't know about you, but I'm more inclined to take more risks with my other car (which is at least partially prepared for the track) than in my road-going Porsche, as I'm acutely aware that when I go off, the Porsche is going to cost a lot more to get fixed (not to mention the cost of tyres and brakes).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back