Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

C4 for sale at Silverstone Auctions

flying_scotsman

Link

Estimate £30K-£35K. Only 22K miles since new (1990) and not used since 1994 :eek: :what:

White on white! No good for me with my oily mits :lol:
The prices are just so out there of late, I can't quite get my head round it all :?

That's cheap for the mileage isn't it :dont know:
What gives :?:

Looks interesting. I wonder how bad the paint is when they say needs a little paint.

Figure a major service and probably top end refresh and it could be a good car. The lack of service history will impact its value but by how much it's hard to know.

Food for thought...

Looks great in white-
but after buyers commission on top of 30k+ you won't want many unexpected nasty bills when the car goes for a full service

I know that car, I've seen it. The seller allegedly paid c£5k for it earlier this year and its true he bought it from a long standing owner who had left it in the garage for years and obviously not kept up to date on prices.

It has been untouched for a long time and needs a full repaint, usual trim pieces/rubbers sorting and more likely a top end rebuild given the age of manufacture as it was smoking more oil from leaks than the batmobile.

I reckon to sort it properly needs c£15k retail to spend and with the original purchase cost still makes a good proposition. The owner was reluctant to spend that sort of money as I believe he 'took a punt' buying it in the first place knowing nothing about them and looks to be going for a quick turnaround.

IIRC it will be on D90 wheels as the wheels that are on it in the picture are the wrong offset and only used to move it around.

Zingari said:
I know that car, I've seen it. The seller allegedly paid c£5k for it earlier this year and its true he bought it from a long standing owner who had left it in the garage for years and obviously not kept up to date on prices.

Bloody hell £5k the interior is probably almost worth half that. Where do people find such bargains. I must be looking in the wrong places.

Forgot to mention on the white 964 whilst there is a lot of rust underneath (and we know where that can lead) there is I believe a problem with the drivetrain which wont be apparent unless properly inspected.

Seller will still make a good few bags but buyer will have to put plenty in. If it reaches £20k there's potentially still a profit in it :what:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back