Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Camel's Porsche 993 Targa Project

Kimbo said:
My main reason not to do it, is weight. The Targa is heavy enough as it is.

So adding a tiny bit more (wider wings) lower down is not going to make any beans.

HPNer said:
The bit that grates for me with the WB me is the extended sill between the arches

Indeed the shape of the coupe demands that the sills curve gracefully under, not stick out like a sore lip....

But we purists digress....

The WB is a sensible solution on a car that requires new rear wings - from the projects in the past (if done well) it adds to the value of the car significantly, AND if you don't like it, make a Speedster and sell it on for millions more.

To me that just looks so wrong and out of proportion ......... mind you the big rear wing doesn't help things.

:dont know:

657591d1345504382-random-993-picture-thread-f937_3.jpg

orangecurry said:
Kimbo said:
My main reason not to do it, is weight. The Targa is heavy enough as it is.

So adding a tiny bit more (wider wings) lower down is not going to make any beans.

Fair point.

Regardless of shape, personally I'd be using a modern solution for heat dissipation - thermal wrap.

That should save you several thousand doubloons.

Sills obviously, but I assume you'd be taking those off to ensure the accident-damage hasn't opened-up the corrosion protection or cracked anything.

I like spending your money.

I love the idea of WB targa, seeing as the project can be directed that way..
Re back boxes, I THINk they're the same but the tips are different.

Always loved the thought of a WB targa, keeping the standard spoiler and not bolting on the daft turbo thing!

This is the bit I would try and do away with if I were doing a project.

It's as attractive as Ballcock's bollocks. But looks a lot better on darker cars.

Could they not have made the whole thing in one piece like a coupe? Or a coupe with a big glass roof.

Envious !

Howdie.

Good luck with the rebuild.

I bought a beat up Targa 3 years ago whilst based in the Middle East. Had some work done by a local indie and had a full respray but took on the roof myself. The sunshade was missing (strange for a car living in the desert) and the glass was all sealed in with silicon and full of sand and gunk. I removed the roof and stripped it completely and replaced many of the parts, I reinstalled it and got to the point where I could open and close it manually by winding the motors and then the winter arrived so I stopped working on it and just drove it.

Then I got moved to Singapore - no car, no garage and exported the car back to the UK where it sits in storage till we return.

All I get to do now is look at the pics - so here's a couple.

Attachments

• dsc06082_187.jpg
    dsc06082_187.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 8,886
  • 3_1_141.jpg
    3_1_141.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 8,886
  • 9_1_155.jpg
    9_1_155.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 8,886
OC yeh the same as mine, think we dodged a bullet there :).

Love the Riveria Targa, what about a Riveria Targa S???

Now then :)

Trev

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back