Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What colour is 'that Porsche' ?

tim993

My Mrs asked me what colour 911 the character Saga Noren drives in The Bridge:

Some searching on PH suggests 'Hunter Green'. However, to my eyes it is more of a brown / olive colour (not that that means anything!) as opposed to a dark green which is what I thought Hunter Green to be. Does anyone know the exact Porsche paint code / name?

Apparenlty there was an article on the main Porsche website, however none of the links work, so I guess its been taken down...

thanks in advance
:thumbs: :thumbs:

Cheers! :thumb:

Was that a standard Porsche colour from the 70s or would it have been a special order (PTS?) car?

I saw a PTS dark green 991 back last year and it looked fabulous, but not as yet anything like Olive Green!

Just ask Porsche to match to a bit of a 1970's avocado bathroom. :D

Whatever colour its one nice car. Found this on PH - can't vouch for its accuracy though. Hope you speak Swedish.

Fordonsidentifikation
Registreringsnummer: CKK511
Fabrikat: PORSCHE 911 S
Fà¤rg: MGRà–N Fordonsslag: PB
Fordonsà¥r: 1977
Fordonsstatus: Avstà¤lld (2011-09-19)
Tillfà¤llig registrering: Nej Privatimport: Ja
Antal à¤gare: 2
Yrkesmà¤ssig trafik: Nej
I trafik fà¶rsta gà¥ngen i Sverige: 2010-09-02
I trafik fà¶rsta gà¥ngen i utlandet: 1977-01-01

This is the link - hopefully.
http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=1143695

Cheers.Ian

Actually this might well have been what you were originally looking at now I come to think of it - if so sorry for duplication.

No worries - I saw the same and learnt 'not a lot'. Shame I missed the Porsche.com article as it would have been nice to have copied it out onto a thread on here so it wasnt lost in the ether.

Anyhow, for specifics and facts on 911s I only use 911uk and Rennlist. With this site preferred as it 'feels like home'.

And totally agree it is a beautiful car and the kind of advertising you can't buy. Unless of course Porsche 'did'...

I love the shot from the opening sequence where the lights from the tunnel are reflected off the rear flanks of the car. It's all sumptuous curves :worship:

My Mrs 'gets' 911s - they seem to appeal to women's taste for style and beauty just as much as men's.

Robertb said:
Just ask Porsche to match to a bit of a 1970's avocado bathroom. :D
:grin:

Great series and we've just caught up on iPlayer :thumb:

tim993 said:
No worries - I saw the same and learnt 'not a lot'. Shame I missed the Porsche.com article as it would have been nice to have copied it out onto a thread on here so it wasnt lost in the ether.

Anyhow, for specifics and facts on 911s I only use 911uk and Rennlist. With this site preferred as it 'feels like home'.

And totally agree it is a beautiful car and the kind of advertising you can't buy. Unless of course Porsche 'did'...

I love the shot from the opening sequence where the lights from the tunnel are reflected off the rear flanks of the car. It's all sumptuous curves :worship:

My Mrs 'gets' 911s - they seem to appeal to women's taste for style and beauty just as much as men's.

I think I have a copy of the original article on the site ...I'll post it in here ASAP as soon as I'm at home near a PC .....

And I think the article stated the colour was actually 'Hunter Green'......

T

Okay that would be great!
My 911uk-induced-OCD compels me to ask what the Porsche paint code s for that colour... :wink:

Better late than never ..... apologies for the delay , then tech problems ...

The interesting case of The Bridge, and Saga Norén's Porsche 911
2014-01-31|Events
Play
As the second season of Scandinavian crime drama The Bridge reaches its climax this weekend, one mystery remains unsolved: the exact provenance of the Porsche 911 driven by Swedish lead investigator Saga Norén.
Online speculation began with the first season's UK premiere in 2012, with sharp-eyed fans agreeing that it was probably a 911S coupé from the mid-late 1970s. One resourceful contributor to a thread on Pistonheads even looked up its number plate, with records seemingly confirming it as a 1977 Porsche 911S.
We've undertaken some sleuthing of our own, contacting The Bridge's production company Filmlance, which confirmed that the car is indeed a 911S from 1977. A further call to the Swedish Transport Agency revealed that it was imported from the USA in 2010, but not by whom.

and from Porsche UK

We've been trying to find out more about the stunning green Porsche 911S driven by Saga Norén in Scandinavian crime drama The Bridge. After confirming that it's a 1977 car, imported to Sweden from the US, it appeared the trail had gone cold. But as the second series comes to an end, a vital informant has stepped forward: one Hans Hedberg, Test Manager of Swedish car magazine Teknikens Và¤rld. We'll let Hans explain exactly how the car came to Sweden, and went on to find its starring role.
"I bought the car from a Porsche workshop outside San Francisco in autumn 2009. From out of the blue, I suddenly spotted the car when just passing by: a sudden stop, 180-degrees turnaround and in for a quick check of the cars and the workshop. I gave them a price and the next day it was all mine.
[I liked the fact that the car was] original and non-fixed. The 1977 911S has the big 180 hp-engine but in the small body. In 1978 the wider 911SC came, but the 911S -77 is in my eyes the cool cat. And fast! The colour, Jà¤ger Grün (Hunter Green as I call it) was an option, and yes; the paint has been fixed, but not by me.
The car arrived in Gothenburg harbour in February of 2010, and then I started to get it ready for Swedish summer roads. But of course, we did some funny ice-driving first!
The film/production company behind Bron (The Bridge) called me up and the car was sold as quickly as it had been over in the States! Just like with me, it was the colour and appearance that made the deal.
I think The Bridge is one of the best TV crime series ever... and every time I see Ms Saga and her Jà¤ger Grün Porsche, I'd like to have it again. Of course it's even more fun that people around in the world by this way can enjoy the car as much as I did!"

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back