Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Yes or No to Sport Chrono on a Manual 991.2?

Vortex

After trying to hunt down a suitable spec used 991 Carrera S manual I am thinking of ordering a new 991.2 Carrera S to replace my 997 Black Edition subject to driving one beforehand. I find the. sport Chrono dial on the dash a bit of an eye sore and the look they have gone for doesn't seem to blend particularly well with the rest of the instruments so I was thinking of not going for Sport Chrono, I know this is a no no on a PDK car but what about on a manual?

I imagine the car is going to quite quick enough for my requirements without Having Sport Plus but what am I going to miss by not having it? do I buy the car that fits my tastes or should I be getting overly worried about resale value at this stage (I'll probably keep the cat quite a while - 5 years or more).

Current thoughts on spec are:

Carrera S Manual
Jet Black metallic with black leather interior
Carrera Classic wheels with full colour centres
Sport design mirrors
Auro dimming mirrors and rain sensor
Black rev counter (a no cost option from the silver which makes it match the other dials)
Heated seats
Cruise control
Bose stereo upgrade
Floor mats

Strangely I'm not keen on noisey exhausts and prefer the look of the standard quad pipes than the new PSE centre pipes option.

Anyone managed to negotiate a discount on a new 991.2 order yet? I know the normal answer is 'No discount on 911's'

Appreciate your views - many thanks!

A 'Sport' button is standard on the 991 so there isn't the "need" for it as there was with the 997.2 PDK.

Chris.

Sport chrono on a 991 is a lot more than it was on a 997. You get dynamic engine mounts, so in a manual it's still worth the cash.

Wilko1 said:
Sport chrono on a 991 is a lot more than it was on a 997. You get dynamic engine mounts, so in a manual it's still worth the cash.

+1

Its really not worth it on a Manual 997 but it is on a 991.

But I would buy a PDK, its hard to sell on the Manual

I have to disagree with the idea of buying a car with the 'next' owner in mind... if you want a manual, buy a manual. If you want Sport Chrono, get it.
Buying a 90k car based on what the next owner wants seems ludicrous to me.

Whytar said:
I have to disagree with the idea of buying a car with the 'next' owner in mind... if you want a manual, buy a manual. If you want Sport Chrono, get it.
Buying a 90k car based on what the next owner wants seems ludicrous to me.

This is true but its a question of how hard it will be to sell and how big a loss you are going to take on it because of a missing option.

But personally I would not get a 991.2 and go for a 991.1 instead. Save your self 30k get the last of the proper NA engines and wait and see how the 991.2 is.

Or if you really want new get a GTS4. Epic epic car.

I got a 991c2s manual with sports chrono a few weeks ago. Advantages to chrono as others have outlined. It will probably have a snifter on a track at some point when the race car is there also.It took me months to find the right spec and in manual and I love it. It's a 12 plate with 12k miles on it so someone else has taken the pain so far and has become the daily driver.Long live the 911 manual! The talk of the manual being anything other than awesome is bulloney..great great fun.

Get it buddy!

For me, avoiding making it a GTS through costly optional extras is hard to do. Esp' when the GTS will always be the perfect medium to a GT3 - what every red blooded 'normal' Carrera driver desires. (I dare say)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back