Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Brake Master Cylinder- 1987 Targa

declandio

Hi All

My Dad has a 1987/D-reg Targa and is about to replace the brake master cylinder. He asked me to find a workshop manual online but I can't locate one. Will probably buy one soon.

In the meantime- would this be a suitable guide for replacing the part?

http://www.pelicanparts.com/techart...911/52-Master_Cyl_Repl/52-Master_Cyl_Repl.htm

He has already ordered the cylinder... I'm not convinced that the cylinder is actually kaput, but there's no point trying to reason with him!

Basically- we had the front calipers refurbished and when we fitted them and bled the system, the pedal won't stay hard... when you pump it, it will harden up... but afterwards, leaving it for a few seconds results in it going very light again... so his diagnosis is the master cylinder.

Cheers

Have just rebuilt all 4 calipers and had to bleed all 4 calipers twice before getting a firm pedal. And am just about to bleed them once more just to be sure. Other than the cost of the fluid you can't really bleed the calipers too much. I would bleed the rear calipers at least once as well.

Thanks Phelix

That is what I also suggested! I will suggest to him again that he bleeds the rears as well as the fronts and does it a few times on each wheel.

Thanks again.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back