Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 GT2 - continuing to rise in value

Another car that was unpopular, like the 3.2CS, 964 RS and widebody 993s until suddenly everyone loves them.

Robertb said:
Another car that was unpopular, like the 3.2CS, 964 RS and widebody 993s until suddenly everyone loves them.

Try getting a top 964RS for <£180k now :eek:

When I bought my Turbo these cars could be had for £40-55k. Because I looked but decided I wanted more modern interior. (and then removed it all! :puh: )

wizard993 said:
Robertb said:

I know... I rue the day I travelled to view but did not buy an 18k mile 964RS LW, 2 owners, RHD. The dealer had it for a while, for £32k. Decided I wanted a fun car with rear seats for the kids. :nooo:

Robertb said:
wizard993 said:
Robertb said:

I know... I rue the day I travelled to view but did not buy an 18k mile 964RS LW, 2 owners, RHD. The dealer had it for a while, for £32k. Decided I wanted a fun car with rear seats for the kids. :nooo:

Funny that - some of the guys on here know my story about going to look at a minted, low mileage, yellow LHD 964RS(his family was moving to oz) about 15 years ago.

I did not have the money at the time for the £33k he wanted for a quick sale as I was building a house.

:sad:

Everyone has a story about these "fish" cars... The ones that got away I mean...

Last year I missed a LHD Swiss 996GT2 CS from Porsche Zentrum Chur with 40k miles for £42k.

Back in 2003 I was offered a mint white 964RS LHD for £19k equivalent, bought a mint white 928GT from the same owner for £2k less. Doh!

Had an E30 M3, which was stolen, could have bought a replacement for £10k, elected to buy a Z4MC brand new.

Was offered a mint E28 M5 for £6k and change... Passed...

Back in 2001 went to Ali Pali Show with cash burning a whole in my pocket - wanted to buy a Lambo Countach for £32k. Did not fit, hence I passed...

In 2004 nearly bought a Mangusta for £35k. Fitting my 6'4" frame required cutting up the floor pan and installing a De Tomasso lowering kit. Too much kerfuffle I thought, hence I passed.

In 2007 went to the NEC Classic Car Show in Birmingham with the firm intention to come back in a Testarossa. £40k for a decent car - hated the driving position, hence I passed.

Then again I picked up a very good 928 GTS 5-spd from its original owner for a smidgen over £9k in 2012. I would hazard a guess it is a £40k car now. When I missed on the Swiss GT2 I ended up with a German GT3.1 CS with a famous owner/history. So I did well out of that...

Cheburator said:
In 2007 went to the NEC Classic Car Show in Birmingham with the firm intention to come back in a Testarossa. £40k for a decent car - hated the driving position, hence I passed.

Oh Dear :eek: My dream car £40k Ouch.

:D

I wonder what the combined appreciation value(offered vs value now) of all those that got away from those members here.

Many Millions I suspect re prob the GDP of a small country.

Give yourself a good kicking this weekend :puh:

The ultimate one that got away...

Not long after the end of WW2, my grandfather bought a Spitfire, as in the Supermarine one.

Sold it a few months later as he couldn't fly it and realized it was a bit impractical to keep.

I console myself with the knowledge that the family would have spent far more than it would now be worth keeping it going, but even so... :sad:

No "i missed it" story, bought it 7 years ago and still love it.

:mrgreen:

If you had described those wheels to me I would have said :nooo: but they do actually look damned good.

Kudos for being brave enough to do it prior to seeing the final results.

Show off! :puh:

This thread was in need of a picture.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
b8n8tai
Back