Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

High Mileage 991s

High mileage cars can be brilliant bargains. I think of it as a bit like an aircraft, in as much as its the take offs and landings that are mechanically stressful.

A low miles car is likely to have been spent a relatively higher % of its mileage driven cold.

The paintwork can take a pummeling though, so watch for stonechips and make sure they are properly painted not by a 'smart repair' butcher.

Robertb said:
High mileage cars can be brilliant bargains. I think of it as a bit like an aircraft, in as much as its the take offs and landings that are mechanically stressful.

A low miles car is likely to have been spent a relatively higher % of its mileage driven cold.

The paintwork can take a pummeling though, so watch for stonechips and make sure they are properly painted not by a 'smart repair' butcher.

Very true :thumb: One 4yr old cars I've seen sports leather interiors with 100k miles on and they look brand new. I then saw the same interior on a 40k car and the bolsters were are crumpled and saggy as an Octogenarians ball sac :nooo: I like to know the weight/size of the previous owner following a bad experience buying an Audi which was previously owned by someone who had the 'dimensions' of Giant Haystacks and the seating foam was knackered :what:

michelin said:
So how did it go Jazz?
I'm in a similar boat to you re wanting a high miler but keeping for a good few number of years. :thumb:

Pulled the trigger. The lenses to the lights have small scratches but other than that as expected for a used car. The inside is in good nick and all in all happy. Will be keeping it for sometime as this will be the last NA 911s. Got 2yr warranty as it is from main dealer so hopefully it will not be a money pit.

Having said that the PSE sound is so addictive even though it does nothing to the performance. Get the rev up high and the performance is fantastic. Had an E60 M5 before this and compared to this, the M5 is a high speed autobahn cruise and the 991 is a sports car. You can really feel the speed and car as it go round the bends.

re M5:
When I was looking for my 911, I was chewing the fat about M5s with an OPC dealer. He basically said 'M5 great car, wonderful performance, good engineering ... but it's not a sports car. A 911 is'. That's when my doubts about getting an M5 were confirmed. I have a very nice F11 525 Sport (perfect for aged parent + zimmer, partner, 2 dogs and a weeks shopping) and I didn't really want a faster look alike.

Also on the PSE - I agree. I'd never have specified this from scratch, but having got it, I think its great!

They really nailed the cab design on the 991, lovely car, congrats :thumbs:

Totally agree re cab design.
The 997, for me, doesn't look quite right.
:thumb:

I was toying with the Aston Vantage S roadster but the whole porsche package swayed me to the C2S. The poor automated manual just does justify the cost of the car. But boy does the V8 looks and sounds good.

jazzy2000 said:
I was toying with the Aston Vantage S roadster but the whole porsche package swayed me to the C2S. The poor automated manual just does justify the cost of the car. But boy does the V8 looks and sounds good.

A lucky escape if stories about AMV8 servicing/running costs are true...

Enjoy the car!

Robertb said:

I think any car that has done in excess of 10k will be showing stone chips on the front bumper (driving on British roads anyway).

So it would be reasonable to assume that an OPC car will have had the bumper painted.
I have never seen an OPC car on the forecourt with a stone chip.

My car had a patch of paint come away a few months after purchase. OPC sent it to be redone no questions asked.

To the OP.
2 year OPC warranty is worry free motoring..........just enjoy your car and forget about the miles.

30k or 50k car should drive exactly the same.

At about 20 months, before your warranty is due for renewal, pop into your OPC and say you are interested in upgrading to newer car. Tell them you do not wish to increase your monthly payments.

They will phone you when they can do a deal. (probably another "higher" mileage car but WTF)

You could end up with a newer car, paying not much extra a month and not shelling out £2k for a new warranty!

Nice car by the way and at a nice price :worship:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back