Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

OPC Prices are nuts

I needed an oil cooler for an old Suzuki Bandit 600 motorbike I bought as a winter hack (for £700). They wanted £900 +vat for one. The cooler was only about 8"by 5" , a weeny little thing. Other parts were similarly expensive.I found a used one on ebay for £30. No wonder so many bikes get stolen. Not just Porsche who like to rape and pillage their customer base.

Shurv said:
I needed an oil cooler for an old Suzuki Bandit 600 motorbike I bought as a winter hack (for £700). They wanted £900 +vat for one. The cooler was only about 8"by 5" , a weeny little thing. Other parts were similarly expensive.

Suzuki have always been the worst of the Jap Big 4. I recall an article in MCN back in the 70's where they worked out how much it would cost to build a GS750 from new parts. It came to about 50x the retail price of the whole bike.

A guy I'm working with brought his Aston Martin V8 Vantage out to Germany and it packed in on the way here (clutch). AM Germany quoted €6,000 for the clutch change!

Must say some OPC parts prices are bonkers. However, in terms of quality and correct fitment, you get what you pay for. Some parts I have bought non oem online I have just thrown away due to poor quality.

If its any consolation if you own a 2008/09 Vantage and you have a front sidelight go out, an Aston dealer will charge you the best part of £3k to rectify. OUCH!!!!

backitoff said:
If its any consolation if you own a 2008/09 Vantage and you have a front sidelight go out, an Aston dealer will charge you the best part of £3k to rectify. OUCH!!!!

How much! Must be a lot of ork in that. Aston or not, i'd be getting the spanners out. I do like the vantage, but another reason to stick to the 964 :nooo:

Chris

kurlykris said:
Just buy one of their Porsche Design office chairs, sit back and cry into your beer, a bargain at £4000 :sad:

I bet the leather is so thin/cheapo in places(as you get in the cars) that it could fall apart in no time :grin:

backitoff said:

Seriously?? I have an ambition to one day own an AMV8. You may have just cured it...

A friend of mine has lost (had it nicked) plastic centre cap off Fiat Panda alloy wheel, non on the Bay so rang Fiat for her £40.46 + VAT, its all Manufacturers!!! :frustrated:

When buying parts I would recommend all owners to get prices from Porsche first before buying elsewhere. Because of often high prices people always assume third party places will be cheaper. Not always the case.

I was looking at all red tail lights for my Boxster. I tried Design911, Porscheshop, Jasmine about prices. They all quoted between £365-400 Inc VAT. I got a price from Porsche Wilmslow £315 inc VAT.

At least you can still get the parts for older Porsche, I have this terrible Ducati addiction and if you need electrical parts for the older bikes you might as well just close your eyes and rummage around in the Misc parts bin.

sending photos of the required bit to a supplier is the norm :) as is crossing your toes and gritting your teeth when you try and start her up after fitting said bit

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back