Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

anyone know this car?

conleth

Trainee
hi all

thinking of selling my 997.1 RS and chaning to something like this for trackdays

http://borderreivers.co/portfolio/porsche-911-996-gt3-mk2/

was wondering if anyone knows this car? or any of the previous owners on here?

also it has the Manthey M410 engine upgrade with full Manthey exhaust including manifolds and race cats. how loud does this make the car for trackdays? anyone running this set up? will it need bolt on decible devils or the like? usually do 105dB days, been black flagged last few times at donington @ 98dB drive by so now too noisy for there in the RS

thanks in advnace

conleth

I'm pretty sure this is Sundeep's old car - if so, it's a good 'un!

You'd need to short-shift before the gantry to pass on a 98dB day or fit some tips that point the exhaust down onto the track.

ok cool! nice one folks :thumb:

good to know its a good un - looks really well sorted

will contact him

thanks again :mrgreen:

conleth

Looks fantastic! Beautiful spec

NXI20 said:

You'd need to short-shift before the gantry to pass on a 98dB day or fit some tips that point the exhaust down onto the track.

Think you may need to caveat that with when he owned it, was a while ago..

And someone removed the fetching checkerboard graphics

Senoj said:
NXI20 said:

That's true but it's done very little since it was sold. I met one of its subsequent owners (a nice chap from Northern Ireland) at the RS day in 2014 & at that point it had done only a few thousand more miles than when Sundeep sold it. If you remember, someone had fitted a stupid gearshift thingy to it & it had hung around unsold at Mr911 for months as a result.

NXI20 said:
Senoj said:
NXI20 said:

That's true but it's done very little since it was sold. I met one of its subsequent owners (a nice chap from Northern Ireland) at the RS day in 2014 & at that point it had done only a few thousand more miles than when Sundeep sold it. If you remember, someone had fitted a stupid gearshift thingy to it & it had hung around unsold at Mr911 for months as a result.

Crikey, in real terms it's done peanuts of extra mileage since 2009 ! :grin:

conleth said:
hi all

thinking of selling my 997.1 RS and chaning to something like this for trackdays

http://borderreivers.co/portfolio/porsche-911-996-gt3-mk2/

was wondering if anyone knows this car? or any of the previous owners on here?

also it has the Manthey M410 engine upgrade with full Manthey exhaust including manifolds and race cats. how loud does this make the car for trackdays? anyone running this set up? will it need bolt on decible devils or the like? usually do 105dB days, been black flagged last few times at donington @ 98dB drive by so now too noisy for there in the RS

thanks in advnace

conleth

that is my former car, hardly done any miles since I sold it

although what on earth have they done to it

at least the ridiculous gear shift has gone but
- grey wheels look a mess
- get rid of those bonnet pins, looks awful
- restore the yellow painted consol tunnel, having it repainted in black is a mess
- throw away that stereo for a proper Becker Cascade
- get rid of the front roll cage
- to be honest get it back on the standard MKII GT3 rear yelloe spoiler (with a 4' degree shim) and you dont really need the RS aero bumper, far too much aero

Note,
the Manthey K410 Exhaust 100 cell Cat is tiny and I managed to get through 2 sets during my ownership

K410 Vmax isn't with the RS sero set up, but rest assured that vmax has been tested to 315kph

KW V3 suspension can only adjusted if you have 3 foot long arms with the child size hands, but softer bump stops will allow you to dial in a firmer ride for the optimal setting of mild oversteer. With standard aero dont expect there to be much rear end aero grip but the motorsport diff will help, but keep the rear anti roll bars one off max

it's 105db+ all day long or you just short shift

and how much !!

Attachments

• comingsoon8_318.jpg
    comingsoon8_318.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 5,494

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mchass