Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What's an original 2.7 RSR worth these days?

Wattie

Zandvoort
Chatting to an acquaintance that I work with sometimes and it turns out he has had an original 2.7 RSR for nearly 20 years! I know him as an off-the-scale Land Rover enthusiast and had no idea he had this!

Anyway, it doesn't float his boat - although his son is rather fond of it - and he is thinking of selling it.

Any ideas what it would be worth?

I'm assured it is totally original and in excellent condition (even his many Land Rovers are all immaculate, so I would believe that).

rs or rsr

if a real factory RSR then you looking at $400K+ there is only about 20 ever made

I'm sure he said RSR, but as he's not so much a Porsche enthusiast himself he may have been mistaken.

he did definitely say it was a lightweight though...

I did suggest that I thought it might be worth 6 figures and there was a pause while he picked his jaw up from the floor!

Should have offered him £50k for it shouldn't I?

i think it's highly unlikely that he has an 2.8 RSR without full knowledge of the fact - there are extremely scarce and probably all accounted for. more likely a 2.7 rs and if it's a lightweight (m471) spec original car it'll be worth between £200-250k.... if it's a 2.7 rs touring (much more commonplace) then he should be looking for circa £125-175k depending on originality and condition. and if he's not sure of it's value suggest he asks a reputable dealer such as lee maxted-page to sell it on a commission basis.

quite a christmas present if he was unsure of it's value....

toff said:
i think it's highly unlikely that he has an 2.8 RSR without full knowledge of the fact - there are extremely scarce and probably all accounted for. more likely a 2.7 rs and if it's a lightweight (m471) spec original car it'll be worth between £200-250k.... if it's a 2.7 rs touring (much more commonplace) then he should be looking for circa £125-175k depending on originality and condition. and if he's not sure of it's value suggest he asks a reputable dealer such as lee maxted-page to sell it on a commission basis.

He definitely said it was a lightweight and he thought it might be worth about £60k!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Damn - wish I'd made him an offer now... :?:

and all of them look a bargain now!! :)

Seven years, that's some thread resurrection!

toff said:

what year are you living in ? :D

a 2.4s is a £150K + for a decent car these days
tourings £200K +
lightweights will be £400K +

immaculate history , correct detail, amazing condition etc & values are higher again

Wattie said:
toff said:

He definitely said it was a lightweight and he thought it might be worth about £60k!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Damn - wish I'd made him an offer now... :?:

Please give me his address :angel: :flowers:

hot66 said:
toff said:

what year are you living in ? :D

a 2.4s is a £150K + for a decent car these days
tourings £200K +
lightweights will be £400K +

immaculate history , correct detail, amazing condition etc & values are higher again

The date of his post says he was living in 2008.

:D

teach me to assume all posts are recent :D :pc: :floor:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cooper9000
Back