Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

ABS + PDAS warning + 16 bleeps! FIXED

Hi
we too have a C4 which over the last few years has always taken a while for the booster pump to complete its job after starting. always a quite noisy whirring followed by some beeps and then the lights extinguish and we're good to go...err stop :roll:

anyway, after the car being off the road for several months this year to have a 993 C4 manual gearbox, front diff, bilsteins, RS SSK, remap, leads, dist caps, tinware refurb etc etc, the car ran perfectly on the way home - in fact it was a real joy and the car is totally transformed

we then left it in the garage for a month and the next time we used it, the red lights were up but no whirring noise - and importantly no booster for the brakes! anyway, I swapped both relays R51 (booster pump) and R33 (ABS) and now (touch wood it all seems good

I'm not sure if they both needed changing but figured that neither of them is getting any younger! ( I changed the DME as well for the same reason) the systems seem to be very complicated/interconnected so I wonder if R51 could be connected with your car's problems perhaps?

Just a thought and hope this helps :thumbs:

So, I finally solved my problem :D :D

After many hours of testing I traced the problem to a damaged circuit board in the longitudinal accelerometer. I have made a temporary repair for now and will have a permanent repair made in slow time.

No doubt if I had managed to get the error codes read I might have got to the answer faster but it has been a fantastic learning opportunity and very satisfying.

I put the car back together this morning and had it MOT'd this afternoon - happy days.

I've made a separate report of my sensor testing which I hope will help others.

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=107612

Nice work!! I believe you can get solid state replacements these days if needed.

Congrats :thumbs:

Brilliant news! Just goes to show what dogged determination a multimeter and knowing how the hell to use it can achieve :bandit:

Chief said:
and knowing how the hell to use it

That's the big one! Its a dark art knowing how to use one of those :nooo:

Chris

I bought a multi meter about a month ago, there's not one setting on it I understand! Might as well be in Japanese :?
It's been stored in the bottom draw of my tool chest :roll:

Ian

Boys, I'll let you into a little secret. I mainly use mine on the 'Beep' setting.
It seems to bamboozle the locals :grin:

Chief said:
Boys, I'll let you into a little secret. I mainly use mine on the 'Beep' setting.
It seems to bamboozle the locals :grin:

Beep is the best setting :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back