Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

EVO Video: new 991 Carrera S

isysman

0-60 3.7 seconds. Same as the 997.1 Turbo! :eek:

Also has same ring time as the 997 GT2!

Informative vid. :thumb:

Fearsome acceleration and Ring figures for the S. :worship:

Sounds pretty good too. I like the high revving engine, but looks wise, I just can't take to the barbecue rack on the rear end :nooo:

In the banner pic above the back end looks 'tall' to me, though I guess that is for legislative reasons. It is out of my price league though, so I will happily stick to my 996 Turbo (a lovely looking car :hand: )

No doubt they will sell though taking account of those stats, the same time as a 997 GT2 at the 'Ring?! That's outrageous!

What a car, wonderful looks, performance and image, as the EVO guy says, it would appear haven't ruined the 911. The rear of the C4S on the banner above looks taut and powerful to me :thumb:

The sound in the cabin when he climbed the revs really didn't sound that different from the older aircooled cars, props.

This vid also demonstrates the sound of the new PSE option:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtI1B_ywjjU

They've done v well considering it's a turbo but close your eyes and the sound outside of the car just isn't that exciting. It's got that muted deep M4-ish sound blended with an approximation of raspy naturally aspirated 911 exhaust sound. :sad:

Visually the rear grill certainly breaks up the sloping line, don't know where I am with that yet but it will probably grow on me as familiarity creeps in. Incredible how the envelope keeps being pushed with regard to grip, power and performance.
The demo car used in the vid, is that Olympic Blue? I like it, looks fresh although it may divide opinion. Could be telling how it appeals in years to come.

Great review.

I love the black grille- Nice nod to the past.

It'll be interesting to see what the Turbo Turbo is like!

Looks and Sounds nice.

What happened to the central twin exhausts that I've seen elsewhere? Or is that just the PSE version??

Hadn't noticed the HUGE sunroof until the overhead shot

Yep, its the sports exhaust system that has those gorgeous central pipes, otherwise its twin tailpipes for the S and the ovals for the non S.

pzero said:
The demo car used in the vid, is that Olympic Blue? I like it, looks fresh although it may divide opinion. Could be telling how it appeals in years to come.

Think the colour is officially "Miami Blue". Does look fresh, but will be interesting to see if ages as well as the more routine whites, blacks and reds. :?:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back