Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Valentino Rossi. Saint or Sinner ??

Well I think we all know who the real world champion is dont we !!!!

Rossi did very good with the 4th place a pretty good feat in its self :thumb:

marquez did very well not needing to slow down to cool his tyres like he needed to in the last few races :eh!:

Lorenzo won the championship and well done to him. But sadly no matter how much he polishes that trophy it will always be tarnished

:judge:

Valentino Rossi post race interview.

'I think that the situation was already bad, but today was embarrassing for everybody because it was unbelievable, the behaviour of Marquez is something very bad for everything, especially for the sport. It is something that nobody expects, because a Honda rider that made a Yamaha rider win and give the maximum just to push out his teammate is something that nobody expect and I think it is very, very bad news. Anyway, it is like this, we have to accept.

'I am happy because now everybody see what I said in Australia and I don't understand the behaviour of Marquez but sincerely for me it is very difficult to say something to him because I hope that he will understand what he did in these last three races in the future of his career.

'For sure the Hondas were faster. We know that in the second part of the race Honda have a better potential but Marquez just protect Lorenzo like he did in Phillip Island and also Sepang. At the end I think that also Lorenzo have to not be very happy, as it is not a Championship that was won on track. But anyway is memories."

:thumb:

Attachments

• 10408855_720920881375492_5237972879056148271_n_204.jpg
    10408855_720920881375492_5237972879056148271_n_204.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 13,641
Vale let himself down and is now spraying out rather than looking closer to home. ....... I didnt win because MM didn't try hard enough...really? .... he was given a gate to drive through coming from last to fourth. ..
I hope he wins another title..but dont think he will now...if he kept his head down in Sepang he would have won anyway . Doctor got fed his own medicine me thinks.....

I am disappointed I didn't see a race between Marc, Vale and Danny for second because Jorge was always going to win......Vale picking up second and winning his 10th Championship felt about right!

I think that Rossi should have kept his head and not worried about MM but I do think MM knew what he was doing, in this last race it was clear that he was not even trying to overtake Lorenzo, yet when Dani came by and I believe had the pace to win, he was straight back past and running him wide.

Even Lorenzo has as good as said it in an interview
'They knew what I had in play," Lorenzo said.

'The fact they are Spaniards like me helped me.

'That helped me because for sure in another kind of race they would have tried to overtake which they didn't this time."

'The title had to be for Spain."

All in all a sad end to a great season, Lorenzo is a great rider but for me this title is tainted by some questionable tactics from MM in the last few races, I hope Rossi has also learnt from the incident and bring on next year for another great season of racing

Ian1978 said:
All in all a sad end to a great season, Lorenzo is a great rider but for me this title is tainted by some questionable tactics from MM in the last few races

And for me.

The way that Pedrosa caught MM and JG with four laps left made it clear that both Hondas could have beaten Lorenzo if Marquez wanted them to.

If Danni had managed to pass them both it would have been 'interesting' to see what Marquez would have done.

JohnnyDangerous said:

The history books will show Lorenzo and in 3 years time that's all that will matter

Lorenzo has unquestionably had a great season, more race wins than anyone else and some blistering pace at many of the circuits. However, the guy is just so dull and very often up his own a$$ which makes it hard for me to like him! Rossi is unique and it would have been great to see him take a 10th world title.

I'll be honest, I was desperately hoping that Marquez would do something stupid on the last lap which resulted in both him and Pedrosa crashing making Rossi champ but alas it wasn't to be!

arry said:
JohnnyDangerous said:

The history books will show Lorenzo and in 3 years time that's all that will matter

It doesnt matter what history shows its what Lorenzo knows in his head and his heart !!!

52 years later the history books say Ali beat Cooper but anyone that watched that fight knows it was only by cheating. Ali will know he never won that fight!

Just watched the movie 'hitting the Apex' with Brad Pitt voice over about these guys. In fairness, they're all otherworldly amazing.

JohnnyDangerous said:
arry said:
JohnnyDangerous said:

It doesnt matter what history shows its what Lorenzo knows in his head and his heart !!!

Yes, Lorenzo knows he won more races, led more laps and was consistently faster than Rossi throughout the season. The fastest man won the title - just the way it should be.

JohnnyDangerous said:
arry said:
JohnnyDangerous said:

52 years later the history books say Ali beat Cooper but anyone that watched that fight knows it was only by cheating. Ali will know he never won that fight!

Oh but it does matter. I never saw that fight but I have seen the record.

Very few championships in any sport are won by pure unadulterated talent and not a hint of anything else; injury, mechanical failure, poor refereeing decisions, pure bad luck, to name but a few

The fact of the matter is Lorenzo has one extra trophy in his cabinet and Rossi doesn't. The record book will show what it shows but nobody in even the short term will discredit Lorenzo the win to the extent that he'll hand it over to Rossi as some sort of recompense. And if Rossi had won a title he inherited by any of the above reasons (and he has, hasn't he? Just not in as high profile of circumstances) do you think he'd paw it off to his rival?

arry said:
JohnnyDangerous said:
arry said:
JohnnyDangerous said:

Oh but it does matter. I never saw that fight but I have seen the record.

Very few championships in any sport are won by pure unadulterated talent and not a hint of anything else; injury, mechanical failure, poor refereeing decisions, pure bad luck, to name but a few

The fact of the matter is Lorenzo has one extra trophy in his cabinet and Rossi doesn't. The record book will show what it shows but nobody in even the short term will discredit Lorenzo the win to the extent that he'll hand it over to Rossi as some sort of recompense. And if Rossi had won a title he inherited by any of the above reasons (and he has, hasn't he? Just not in as high profile of circumstances) do you think he'd paw it off to his rival?

Not into boxing then ?? :hand:

I was, but in my era it was all about Benn, Eubank, Tyson. I can't do today's boxing - the pre fight slanging matches are so handbags OTT USA style it irritates me :lol:

Anyway - crap parodies have started
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heG60xUF2e4

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mwarren1
Back