Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Anyone with experience of the BMW M135i as a daily driver ?

mavster

My 997 is looking comfy in her bedroom at the moment, so I need a DD now for the family.

What I wanted was 5 door, auto, sporty, high spec, not bad on fuel and would work well doing general DD duties. I kinda chose a white M135i for the job (a used one). The other choice that made the shortlist was an Audi S3 5 door.

I put down a deposit on the BMW yesterday, it isn't the prettiest car, but looks OK from some angles.

Did I do the right thing?? Collection next week.
Linky to the car below

Cheers

Steve
http://usedcars.bmw.co.uk/1-Series/3.0-M135i/York/3415256-605271387-3497035.aspx?srcmdc=se_na_re_

Excellent choice for a daily driver.
Fast and fairly economical.
You will enjoy it.
The only disadvantage with the M135 is that they don't have the m diff like the M3 etc, however most of the time you won't miss it.

Ask Jcx (Joe) - he runs a M135i.

I've had the facelifted version since April and I love it. I did add a TMC tuning box and the TMC Autoflash to the gearbox which together transform a quick car in a very very quick car which feels ever ready to take off like a scolded puppy.

they also need eibach pro springs to lower the car by about 15mm. looks better but handles much better. its tighter and more pointy and sets for a corner immediately vs the slower corner set of the std car.

the other lovely thing is that its small enough to take anywhere but big enough to be super comfy when the need to cover miles arises.

only criticism with the car you have picked, it seems expensive to me. Brand new you will get 20% off list at the right garage. the PCP deals can also be very very good - you end up paying just the depreciation, if that. i bought mine and only after when on babybmw.net forum did i realise what is available on pcp... ho hum.

I can put you onto a pal who is a salesman locally to me who will give you 20% i can also put you onto a chap called TRL on the babybmw.net site who also does great deals and often has brand new stock either due imminently or on site.

pm me your mobile if you want to chat more...

joe

Clarkson rates it as one of the best cars ever made

Osh

No experience of the 135, but I have had a number of 3 series BMWs over the years and have recently bought a 2004 X5.

They have all been brilliant cars in their own way, no reason to assume the 1 series would also be anything other than great, esp with a turbocharged 3L engine. Judging by the actual MPG BMWs achieve, not the euro test bollox, there is witchcraft going on to produce so much performance with so much economy.

Thanks Joe,

Would be interested I think..Pm'd my mobile number over to you.

Yeah, having the balls to say it can do over 40mpg has a touch of VAG about it to me also

:dont know:

The Audi S3 is only a 2.0 yet worse claimed MPG figures (OK, it is a Quattro...but still )

To be fair, I always achieved more than the stated 'euro' fuel economy in my BMWs, using proper brim to brim calculations. My 996 also does slightly better.

I had an Audi A5 3.0 Tdi that never achieved its EC mpg in the same driving...funnily enough.

Robertb said:
To be fair, I always achieved more than the stated 'euro' fuel economy in my BMWs, using proper brim to brim calculations. My 996 also does slightly better.

I had an Audi A5 3.0 Tdi that never achieved its EC mpg in the same driving...funnily enough.

when driving my M135 on the paddles as a manual i get around 19-20mpg round country lanes on the school run. i can get 35mpg in auto on motorway runs without trying too hard.

it is an exceptionally capable car with a stunning engine.

mavster said:
Thanks Joe,

Would be interested I think..Pm'd my mobile number over to you.

Yeah, having the balls to say it can do over 40mpg has a touch of VAG about it to me also

:dont know:

The Audi S3 is only a 2.0 yet worse claimed MPG figures (OK, it is a Quattro...but still )

As a guide Coast2Coast will quote you £26.5K OTR for a brand new Step Auto car with Nav and no other options... Against your used 2yr old with 30k miles (albeit with lots of toys) i think that's a bargain. AND they are still making money so you should be able to find a dealer that will do better. I'll give you a call.

Re: Anyone with experience of the BMW M135i as a daily driv

mavster said:
My 997 is looking comfy in her bedroom at the moment, so I need a DD now for the family.

What I wanted was 5 door, auto, sporty, high spec, not bad on fuel and would work well doing general DD duties. I kinda chose a white M135i for the job (a used one). The other choice that made the shortlist was an Audi S3 5 door.

I put down a deposit on the BMW yesterday, it isn't the prettiest car, but looks OK from some angles.

Did I do the right thing?? Collection next week.
Linky to the car below

Cheers

Steve
http://usedcars.bmw.co.uk/1-Series/3.0-M135i/York/3415256-605271387-3497035.aspx?srcmdc=se_na_re_

I ran a M135i coupe (auto) for a year as a DD, it was an excellent little car. Very good choice, superb engine! You will love it

New996buyer said:
Jcx said:
Osh said:
Clarkson rates it as one of the best cars ever made

Osh

...even though it tried to kill him :)

That's exactly why I rate it so highly. I'd chip in if he ran one as a DD :D

Would never consider anything that Clarkson has recommended!!

Attachments

• topgearsucksilovecarsandcarculturebut_179880_5494392_170.jpg
    topgearsucksilovecarsandcarculturebut_179880_5494392_170.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 8,067

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back