Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991 headlight crack. Warranty?

andyws6

I was just hoping for some advice with regards to a headlight crack I have noticed recently. It does not appear to have been caused by a rock or physical impact as there is no palpable defect. The headlight is completely smooth to the touch without even a small abrasion. I have seen some cases were things somewhat like these have been warrantied. What's your opinion? I hate to pay an obscene amount of money to replace this headlight if it was in fact atraumatic and potentially a manufacturing defect of sorts. I'm no expert here so just looking for feedback and what some of you would do in my shoes. Thanks in advance

Attachments

• img_2365_1_213.jpg
    img_2365_1_213.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 2,344
If there's no visible evidence of any external impact I'd be very surprised (and disappointed) if Porsche didn't replace it under warranty.

Good Luck :thumb:

ps. :welcome: to 911uk

Thanks!
I took the car to Brumos Porsche. They sent some pictures to the Porsche Representative and he approved a warranty replacement. Very Thankful they took care of this. It would have been a very pricey repair otherwise...

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back