Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Interior trimming

fabiop

Hi all,

im thinking to start in the fall or early next year to have some work done on interior and on the roof (I have a convertible).
Any of you with recommendations with regards to good places to go to?
Im thinking of having new carpets, retrimming of seats, new hood and rubber sealings.

It is a bit worn out - nothing tragic - but a nice interior and new roof would make quite the difference, also in terms of value.

Also, would you recommend buying various parts (roof, seals, carpets...) on my own and then supply them to the shop doing the work, or have them buying the whole lot? which way is going to be cheaper?

Thanks again!

Yardstick seems to be Southbond interiors with prices to match. A few 911 guys (on a different forum) speak highly of Inflex interiors near Oxford - apparently they do the Autofarm stuff and prices seem more reasonable.

Southbound generally considered to be the best but with prices to match.

Quickfit SBS are a seatbelt company based in Stanmore and have been going for years (they made me a fantastic set of red seat belts for my car). The owner of the company is a 964 owner and has recently setup a trimming side to their business. I also know their trimmer and he has done a lot of Porsche work when he was working for himself including work on some classic 911's for Jaz Porsche in St. Albans, back when they were in Wembley.

They are currently making me a set of triple silver RS centre cushions at the moment for my leather Recaro Pole Positions so I will let you know how they turn out!

Quickfit are just getting started on their trimming side with Porsche's so will be looking to build a reputation. You may get a good deal and at least you know the owner is a fellow 964 enthusiast!

If you search through my posts, I did a wee write up on stripping & re-trimming adaptive sports seats in the 997 forum.

The guy I used is a fair bit from you mind, but did a cracking job!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevemias
Back