Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Panamera Turbo power issues?

PanameraAndy

I own a Pan Turbo 2015. after driving the car slowly for a few days the car seems to lack power when I floor it. I sent it in to Porsche for some unrelated warranty repairs and when it came back the power was awesome and it felt like a different car again. I took this up with Porsche who said that if I drive the car around for any length of time in a sedentary manner it will de this as my driving style and not be as fast as it would if I were to drive it hard. The reason (they said) that I noticed it was lightening quick after warranty repairs is because the battery would have been disconnected to do the work and once revonnected the car would default to factory settings and hence be fast from the offset. Has anybody else ever heard of this cuz this is annoying?

That happens with all late-ish Porsches. Very irritating if you have been cruising along for some time stuck at traffic-regulated speeds, then upon finding a gap, gunning the car the find it's turned into a Ford Mondeo!

My 2003 911 turbo does the same thing, but if I drive it spiritedly, the thing comes alive. There is definitely something odd about machines thinking they can interpret our thoughts better than us humans....

However it does sound normal to me.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back