Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New owner - 61 Plate - Diesel

vroomvroom

Ok too be truly honest , I didn't expect my return to Porsche ownership to be a SUV however...

Just bought one (Jan 2012 Cayenne 3.0 diesel) wife wanted something smaller and a bit nippier (relatively speaking as her current car is a Land Rover Discovery 4 **)

Not taken delivery so I can't comment on the drive yet (it arrives Monday)-

However coming from Land Rover/Audi I was shocked at the the huge list of options, many of which I would have considered as std items on a luxury SUV. The used car prices were all over the place (based on spec/options) with advice not to touch a non sat nav/air suspension car....

Car listed new at £45k std, plus £13k of extras...now 3 1/2 years old, sub 20k miles, no Porsche warranty - fully landed with me should be about 60% of fully optioned up list price.

**little less power than Disco 4, lot less weight, 1.2 seconds faster to 62mph, 25 mph higher top speed, c40% better fuel economy, 2 (some would say 2.5) less seats....

How you getting on with it chum :?:

I'm about to press the button on a 2012 model and as you say prices are all over the place with a big spread and private sales matching some OPC prices that may be a little down on all the extras but give 24 month warranty :what:

Hi Z

Ive PM'ed you back...

Update : Got the car and wife and I absolutely love it

It great in so many ways and as a bonus it was still had over 5 months of Porsche Warranty cover.

so 16K miles, one single owner, £13k of extras, Porsche Warranty and at about £6k below Porsche retail price :thumb:

45 mpg and 700 mile range.....

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back