Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

You thought Singer were expensive !

askgeez

Saw this guy on Jay Leno. They are fantastic cars.

Rod Emory is the best. His attention to detail is stunning. I recently got the opportunity to see one of his at rennsport reuninion V

IMG_5170.jpg

IMG_5168.jpg

I would love to own one of his builds one day.

Here's some great footage I found yesterday of Harris racing an original (I assume) @ Goodwood

Roro said:
Here's some great footage I found yesterday of Harris racing an original (I assume) @ Goodwood

He only just posted this the other day. Fantastic footage. That jag was rapid but the 356 looked fantastic.

Is there anything really stopping 'someone of the street' from doing all of this and charging something similar?

Admittedly theyve all been in the game for a long time but take Sundeeps 993 he is doing, what would be stopping him from finishing it off ( :grin: ), putting a modern retro interior into it and then charging silly amounts or some of the other project cars you see on here that are having bare metal resprays and being rebuilt.

Or is it all about the name?

It's about quality. This company hasn't been going very long. Neither has a Singer. They've 'made' their own brand by doing exceptional work. Attention to detail. The 356 guy makes his own parts and is a panel beater. The quality of work is absolutely first class. People are not stupid, they are not going to part with large amounts of money for a standard rebuild and interior refit.

This month's Evo has a feature on the 911 Singer, along with a lightweight E Type and a GTA-R 270 by Alfaholics. All fabulous in their own way.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back