Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Aventura Autumn Meet

MattyR

Stuttgartmetal's thread on 'Who looks after your 993?' seems to have galvanised some interest in an Aventura meet at some point in the near future.

I think that would be jolly good fun and I, for one, am in! I propose striking whilst the iron is hot, so to speak, and suggest a couple of dates. These being:

Saturday 7th or Sunday 8th November

OR/

Saturday 28th or Sunday 29th November

I am unsure of interested parties exact locations, so can't suggest a suitable location at the mo. Somewhere we could meet for coffee mid/late morning, soak up that aventura ambience for a couple of hours and generally discuss why aventura is the best colour ever :)

Other colours welcome too!

FYI I am close to M25 in Tunbridge Wells area of Kent but more than happy to give the old thing a run for a couple of hours to get to a suitable location. Italian tune-up
:grin:

Sounds good!

I'm also in Kent not too far from the M25.

+1 Prefer the later date in November.

Anywhere in SE is OK for me.

Sounds good MattyR.

I'm in Surrey near the M25 so can go with the flow as to where to meet. Either set of dates work.

As a suggestion, how about Brooklands? We have the choice of Mercedes, Brookland museum or the hotel for something to eat and somewhere to talk, plus of course plenty of parking.

Seem to recall that Aventura was the colour of car used in the first 993 brochure.

Will keep an eye on the thread and depending on dates and location try and attend.

I'm way outside the main focus area but I'll get there if I can.

The Dragonmeister said:
As the subset of green 993s is small, you might want to widen it to other 993s as well!

Heresy!!!

I would be up for a get together but can't do a Saturday .........

^ perhaps a Sunday then, to accommodate madalaa & others who may tend to be more busy on a Saturday.

If location & dates work out, count me in too :thumbs:.

Brooklands, Ace Cafe, any other ideas for location?

Weather will be a lottery in November though...!

The Dragonmeister said:
As the subset of green 993s is small, you might want to widen it to other 993s as well!

The Dragonmeister said:

Hey Dragonmeister, was that a sly dig at the aventura crew? :hand:

If your 993 is not aventura you are still more than welcome to attend! Repeat: all colours welcome. Even polar silver :D

Prob best to leave it till Sunday/early next week to see if there are any more takers? Sunday 29th November seems the prefered date at the mo.

So far as venue is concerned Brooklands looks absolutely fine although other suggestions welcome. Again maybe give it a few more days and see what the general consensus is.

Good stuff!

Hi Guys

Not long been a 993 owner, and is also my first Porsche. It just so happens to be........Aventura!

being based in the South East I'd be keen to tag along if this is still going ahead/hasn't already happened?!

I see my chance to add a picture of an Aventurer cab spotted at Snetterton charity track day yesterday morning.

Anyone on here?

It was in amongst a row of PCGB members. I stuck my black 993 cab at the other end of the row even though I'm not a member!!!! Thus achieving some sneaky forward parking closer to the pits.

Attachments

• 993_aventurer_143.jpg
    993_aventurer_143.jpg
    469.6 KB · Views: 11,449
Nice one 993lad ........ :)

My old girl goes in for four months storage and some cosmetic work in a weeks time ....... so it looks like an "autumn" meet is dead and gone ........ but come the Spring ...... :)

Are you down for the Stuttgart/Dinslaken event ......... if not ...... you should be ........ it will be awesome ......:)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back