Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.1 gt3rs oil change

conleth

Trainee
hi

i changed the oil in my 997.1 gt3 rs this evening, removed both drain plugs and took the filter out, i measured the oil that came out and was about 10.5 -11 litres. the gauge was reading over maximum, but not flashing before the change.

i put 9litres back in as suggested by the manual and the computer level is indicating over the maximum reading.

have read about an 11 litre dry fill, or 9 litre service fill. don't tend to trust the computer, so was wondering what people think?

oil sensor not working?

overfilled previously - but thought overfill but 1.5-2 litres might have caused a problem, or made the max level reading flash?

thanks in advance

conleth

The dash gauge always seems inconsistent to me. You put enough oil in, don't worry, drive it for a bit and check again next week is what i would do..

+1...if you do suffer the misfortune of a slight overfilling of oil, just don't
panic when you're leaving the James Bond style smoke screen behind you.
I did just that Twenty five years ago with an old 911SC Sport, and wow the
lack of visibility behind me was quite extraordinary...surprised that I didn't
get a pull...lol 8)

Ps, to cause that much smoke, it was a fair bit over filled though.
I got the car home and drained some off the following day.

right, problem sorted :roll:

should learn to measure properly, realised that was only about 9.5 litres that came out, so slightly over filled but not a problem, expecting that after a drive or 2 the level will settle down to max on the computer as have put 9 litres in yesterday.

thanks for replies folks :thumb:

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jri
Back