Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Admiral Multi Car Insurance - Negative Feedback !

mrgrey said:
UPDATE:
Latest News.

We have spent over two hours on the 'phone trying to get to the bottom of this.

To their credit Admiral have come back to us and tried to explain what they think happened but with very little detail. They have apologised profusely for the mistake, corrected the cover and offered some compensation.

Primo as someone in the industry you were quick to make the important point about a letter confirming that cover existed, and indeed Admiral have offered to do this today, so that is some comfort.
Also, they said that had there been a claim during the period of 'apparent no Insurance' they would have met the claim in the normal way. Call me a cynic but I would not have wanted to test that out, insurers wriggle don't they?

I must say that up until this event we have found Admiral to be quite efficient but for me the thought of standing by the roadside trying to explain to a Policeman that I paid for a years Insurance ten weeks ago and I have not cancelled it, and that he shouldn't take my car away just because the insurers have ##cked up doesn't bear thinking about.
I could have ended up on one of those nice police TV programmes - the flash git in a Porsche without Insurance, I really need that !!

Admiral are a competitor of ours but I would still defend them and say that I do not believe that they would have tried to 'wriggle' out of a claim as a company. A misinformed, poorly trained call centre person might have thought it was in the companies interest to avoid paying a claim but as soon as you get hold of someone with knowledge and who can actually make decisions there really shouldn't be a problem. Getting hold of such a person? Now that can be a problem.

Primo - you are bang on with your last sentence - finding someone with knowledge and ability is tough.

Frankly its a box of frogs, you cannot get a clear explanation.

At this point we don't think we have lost anything as such, wasted a lot of time trying to sort it out, but as per my original post had we not become aware of the error things could have been very much different and costly.

I don't consider Admiral to be unreasonable, indeed there have been quite constructive posts on here regarding them. But as you say one inept call centre operative and things can go very wrong.

Do we now launch a formal complaint and try and get all this on paper in hopes of trying to stop it happening to someone else. Our lesson is learnt, but for somebody else the price to pay may be much higher.

Thanks for your input.

mrgrey said:
Do we now launch a formal complaint and try and get all this on paper in hopes of trying to stop it happening to someone else. Our lesson is learnt, but for somebody else the price to pay may be much higher.
Don't take this the wrong way but get over it - just consider it a life lesson.

I went to Alton Towers just before some people lost their legs, should I sue them too?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back