Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

458 italia

askgeez

Albert Park
So I love my c4s a lot , PSE makes a nice noise, goes well enough...

But this afternoon I had the pleasure of about 30mins driving this around.
My mate is very generous with his car keys :puh:

Jesus... I've driven quite a performance cars, but the step up from an F430 is huge. Twiddled the knob to "Race" and the thing spits and farts and generally sounds amazing.

Got back in the 997 and sounded positively quiet
:sad: had to take it out tonight for a good thrash .
I still love it , and remembered it's a 5th of the price !

With no hint of irony I would prefer the look of the equivalent 911 any day.

Visited the old circuit at Reims on the way home last week and met a guy there from Luxembourg with a 458. It was a mate's company car that he had borrowed for the day! Full bore acceleration past the old pits....absolutely amazing sight and sound.

Awesome aren't they, such a big improvement over the 430's in so many ways. The Italia is the most intoxicating noise of the modern supercars I've driven by far :thumb:

I have to disagree with the comparison to current model 911's in terms of looks, the 458 just shouts supercar, although I've not seen an RS in the flesh

It's certainly about individual preference, as I do really admire the 458, and Ferrari's in general. But when it comes to day to day driving and actually ownership, the Ferrari would just not work for me the way a 911 gets about it's business.
I love the understated performance and anonymity of the 911, where the Ferrari is always "look at me... look at me"
But like I said... it's individual.

Totally agree Whytar. it's a total luxury / toy.
Never had whole bus stops of people look and stare, everything about it is "look at me"

They feel quite large as well , plus you want to give extra space threading it through smaller side streets.

Just proves why 911 , esp 4 seat ones are so useable.

My mate is an accidental collector, as he doesn't really sell his cars , just rents more garages :lol:, and he appreciates a 911 as much as rest of us , has a mint 26k mile 996c4s. :thumbs:

askgeez said:
Totally agree Whytar. it's a total luxury / toy.
Never had whole bus stops of people look and stare, everything about it is "look at me"

They feel quite large as well , plus you want to give extra space threading it through smaller side streets.

Just proves why 911 , esp 4 seat ones are so useable.

My mate is an accidental collector, as he doesn't really sell his cars , just rents more garages :lol:, and he appreciates a 911 as much as rest of us , has a mint 26k mile 996c4s. :thumbs:

That's not the one for sale at £29k by any chance is it?

Yes, the same ... He changed his mind... His 8 year old told him he can't sell it as she likes it :floor:
Obviously a young lady with taste.

(Will take that post down)

Whytar said:
It's certainly about individual preference, as I do really admire the 458, and Ferrari's in general. But when it comes to day to day driving and actually ownership, the Ferrari would just not work for me the way a 911 gets about it's business.
I love the understated performance and anonymity of the 911, where the Ferrari is always "look at me... look at me"
But like I said... it's individual.

I agree totally with that but with modern supercar cars that's what makes them a supercar imho. The Ferrari looks like one but is not to drive a lot, a 911 is different .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back