Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Carrera 3.2 Supersport

Skyman

Would any kind person with the knowledge please be helpful enough to advise on the pros and cons of the SS vs a standard 3.2 of circa 1987/88? I am aware of the obvious i.e. the turbo body, brakes and suspension, but in the real world of driving and ownership, are these cars worth the premium over a standard model? Any input much appreciated.

The supersport is a very sought after car not many left now , there is hardly any difference in the power although the SSE is a little heavier so its a bit slower on take off, but with the SSE its the look of that wide body , more stopping power and handling that make them a great car , we all love the 911 turbo , same look less agro

So for me I love them , I am sure there are people that don't , but everybody is different

Mike

Supersport Mike said:
The supersport is a very sought after car not many left now , there is hardly any difference in the power although the SSE is a little heavier so its a bit slower on take off, but with the SSE its the look of that wide body , more stopping power and handling that make them a great car , we all love the 911 turbo , same look less agro

So for me I love them , I am sure there are people that don't , but everybody is different

Mike
:thumb:

So is it the equivalent of the 996C4S then?

They certainly look the part. I have a viewing of an SS on Thursday, and with a standard car to see tomorrow, the chance to compare one against the other should be fun.

Skyman said:
They certainly look the part. I have a viewing of an SS on Thursday, and with a standard car to see tomorrow, the chance to compare one against the other should be fun.

Don't forget to look for the dreaded rot , in all those nasty places ,

Mike

Yes check kidney bowl area, headlights inside the wing front and rear.

Always a good place to start.

mazza said:
So is it the equivalent of the 996C4S then?

Yes the 911 Supersport is the wide bodied (non-turbo) version of the 3.2 Carrera. So similar relationship a 996 C4S has to a 996 C2.

Obviously the 9111 Supersport is world's apart to drive compared to a 996 C4S.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back