Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Dead as a dodo...open front manually?

NLW73

Albert Park
been on hols for 10 days and GT3 wont even allow me to open the front with the key fob.

is there any way to get into the front or rear manually so I can hook up a charger to it?

thanks. Nick

thanks fella.

few options to try.

1. go through the rear then....fished out the cable release from under the rear light cluster to undo the rear boot lid (talk about easy to do!!)

2. Use key in driver side door to unlock door.
Open fuse box by driver right side footwell
...pull out the contact point for hooking up power which is a larger plastic red bit with picture of + and front bonnet.
...attach a spare battery postive, negative to car body somewhere.
Pop open the hood or rear as per normal
Charge battery

sth new you learn every day ;-)

I helped out Turbojim with same problem. by plugging in my CTEK charger through the cigarette lighter, gave enough juice to start car, open front etc

Do you know anyone with one? If you know anyone who travels into City you are welcome to borrow mine tomorrow / over weekend

If you have Amazon Prime, you can get very fast post

I have got a CTEK charger. I forgot to leave it on which is why the car went dead.

how do you plug the ctek in through the cigarette charger then?

thanks Guy

so basically you plug the charger into the mains as usual, swap out the usual clips for the ciggie lighter charger and just plug in.

handy for situations like this where you can't get in the front to the battery!

After a week or so of being locked with the remote my Boxster only allows me to open the drivers door with the key then quickly insert the key in the ignition to prevent the alarm going off , might be similar on 996.

good to know dude that red plastic thing is there in the fuse box area by drivers side footwell for the future.

now all sorted. got a jump from a decent jump pack that neighbour had.

was able to get into the rear of the car by getting the cable fished out from under the near side rear cluster. then pull on the cable to release the rear boot cover.

there is a positive terminal in the engine bay (under the black plastic cap) so hooked up to that and then black cable to metal on engine.

got enough life in it to open front and on charge.

thanks for all help/replies etc.

Battery was fubarred. Was an exide big one too. Only 6 months old!! Could have been a lemon tho?

Back to euro car parts n change for Bosch no qualms.

Will keep on trickle n check for a drain somewhere too.

Sounds like your car is on its' last legs. I'd sell up and get out of it soon. I'll pay you £80 and two curly wurlies. let me know when you want to proceed with the deal.

:thumb:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PC Saros
Back