Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GT3 to RS

bryce

Spa-Francorchamps
Got a daft notion this morning to maybe change the GT3 for a RS. No reason for it really other than I quite fancy one.

If the gap was still £15k it would be an easy decision but it's more like £50-60k now.

Anyone made the change recently ?

996 or 997?

If its a 996 then you could be looking at £75-£100k dude depending on the car and mileage!!

Have driven back to back in wales recently and there is a noticeable differ wce in drive and feel on the road even. On track its even more as done that at Bedford last year. RS just feels that more nimble and turns in better quicker and revs up quicker with single mass flywheel.

Thanks for the reply.

I'm talking 997 GT3 to 997 RS.

I don't recall if the flywheel is different or not in the 997 range. I know gearing and exhaust are different.

All RS with manual boxes have the single mass flywheel which helps them rwv up quicker. Even more so with shorter ratios.

Well I mean 996 to the 997 4.0.

Not sure on the 993 and 964 and earlier with the SMF.

On the basis that you've had 61 replies to your thread 'should I track' it and
you clearly do not have either the inclination or the confidence to do so (which
is fine), then why, oh why are you now contemplating to make the change
from GT3 to RS, when the RS is by some margin a more track focussed car ?.

Well I've made that change, and it was solely at that time to buy a more
track orientated car... :roll:

nick w said:
On the basis that you've had 61 replies to your thread 'should I track' it and you clearly do not have either the inclination or the confidence to do so (which is fine), then why, oh why are you now contemplating to make the change from GT3 to RS, when the RS is by some margin a more track focussed car ?

bryce said:
No reason for it really other than I quite fancy one.

~ Maxie :dont know:

What was the answer to " should i track it?"

RS, out of the box, in the right hands, it's marginally quicker than a gen 2 clubbie. But, its marginal and depends on the circuit, ie which suits the gearing better, gen2 clubbie has a higher top speed. on the road its an occasion though, gets attention and always good, I sold a gen one clubbie to buy mine three years ago and to date i have no desire for anything else apart from a supercharger on my e46 M3 :floor:

I would love to do this also. But it's looking like 70-90k more than my 100k car.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back