Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New 'James Bond edition' Aston Martin for sale

carkid

Sao Paulo
Its hard to believe that a beautiful car like this has to resort to the ' James Bond' reference...

What next..??

:dont know:

I hate it when it gets to this level, surely a Silver Birch DB9 is enough of a reference to the films without it being so overt.

The matching watch is lovely but again spoilt with branding on the watch face.

Special editions are always snapped up, so it's easy money.

carkid said:
I mean- who actually pays 15k extra for this crap?
us mugs.
Strip out a porsche, call it a gt, double the price lol.

Rialas said:
carkid said:
us mugs.

Give the engine a human name! Always works. Works in guitars as well. Special edition les Paul by so and so. In fairness, the watch and the globetrotter case together are worth a couple of grand.

The whole Bond connection has been absolutely flogged to death for years- you can't read an article about a DB5 without the Bond films being mentioned- it's so tedious ........I guess with this latest edition your average CEO on his way home from London to his country manor can live the 007 fantasy.....whilst doing 50mph through variable speed limits on the M25.

Omega did it with the watches, so why not. All the time there is a market, they will do it, makes good business sense

Its the buyers / Owners (silly grey haired old gerihatricks at that) that have a warm glow every time they see the 3 numbers come up.

Most will smell of p1ss let alone be James Bond.

Niall996 said:
Rialas said:
carkid said:
us mugs.

Give the engine a human name! Always works. Works in guitars as well. Special edition les Paul by so and so. In fairness, the watch and the globetrotter case together are worth a couple of grand.
So true. I recently bought an Omar Hakim "signature" snare drum. Looks great. Got it home, tuned it up, and to my surprise, I was soon playing the same rubbish as with my "non signature" snare. My neighbours weren't impressed either :grin:

I used to see a DB9 around South Kensington regularly which had a Monaco plate 'JB007', and sadly it was driven in the way you'd expect from someone who would put the plate on the car.

I can imagine more money than sense would come into the purchase of this 'special' edition..

Porsche 991 Targa Mayfair Edition. Comes with door dents, bird crap and scuffed rims as standard...

:lol:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bristolsparks
Back