Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

911 PSE Exhaust Hack aka the 'Gundo Hack'

Chris997C2 said:
I do yes. Still need to get video of a acceleration video and drive by at speed. email me [email protected] and I will sort out a way to send it.

Have you done it on a gen1 or gen2?

Chris997C2 said:
I am having my Gundo hack done as we speak by a gentleman named Paul. He is highly recommended and is a really nice guy. I will let you know how I get on.

did he travel to you or did you go to MK? I'm interested in having it done too. Did the exhaust have to come off and did he have any spares that were required? new clamps etc?

Chris997C2 said:
I am having my Gundo hack done as we speak by a gentleman named Paul. He is highly recommended and is a really nice guy. I will let you know how I get on.

hi Chris,

have you done the mod on a 996 or 997 gen 1 or 2?

Just had mine done by Paul, check out his facebook page. He's done some serious stuff, as for the job on mine, very polite chap who knows his stuff, and the new exhaust note is epic.... really turns heads.

Pauls car welding uk

zagonda said:
Just had mine done by Paul, check out his facebook page. He's done some serious stuff, as for the job on mine, very polite chap who knows his stuff, and the new exhaust note is epic.... really turns heads.

Pauls car welding uk

Just working on a date to get mine done with Paul. Anything I should be aware of? Choices in terms of pipe size? Thanks in advance.

Regards
Dave

Paul only does one pipe size, he's experimented with a few, I think he's got it spot on. But I'm sure he will do any diameter if you ask him.

zagonda said:
Paul only does one pipe size, he's experimented with a few, I think he's got it spot on. But I'm sure he will do any diameter if you ask him.

Thanks Zagonda :thumb:

Hack completed

Paul from PCW did my exhaust this morning 997.1... Fab service and Paul spotted a missing heat shield, which was a bonus. Sounds fab and a great alternative to PSE or aftermarket mufflers..

:thumb:

I found a cold air induction kit complemented the gundo really well, if you haven't got one, it's worth thinking about, I couldn't stop flooring it down motorway slip roads and the like. The howling by bypassing the baffler in the standard airbox is a great addition to the growls from the exhaust :D

ps. none of it is obnoxious either

MJA911 said:
:thumb:

I found a cold air induction kit complemented the gundo really well, if you haven't got one, it's worth thinking about, I couldn't stop flooring it down motorway slip roads and the like. The howling by bypassing the baffler in the standard airbox is a great addition to the growls from the exhaust :D

ps. none of it is obnoxious either

:thumb: Cheers MJA911 will put this one the list of jobs :D

Anyone around York area do this exhaust thing on a 997 gen 1 turbo

318touring said:
You don't need a 'Gundo Hack provider', you'd just need someone to take the cans off the car, cut two places, fit the bypass pipe. And fir the cans back to the car.

I'm in the process of getting the documentation for this done plus other bits and pieces, see below.

R7J54a8.jpg

This is the one im thinking of doing. Same size pipe as well. Does anyone have this with the 2.25"? how does it sound, any droning at 3000 rpm on the motorway?

Paul PCW, did my 997 S Gen 2 about 6 months ago. Great guy, great job, and I'm really pleased with the sound. I had 1.5'' pipe and it sounds perfect in terms of balancing a louder/nicer exhaust note with remaining classy.

I don't know why the rumour that this hack doesn't work on gen 2's got around, as I can assure you that you'll be very pleased you did it.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back