Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

The UK average mileage per year for a 997 Coupe

Interesting, mine's clearly had a lot of use with 77K on an 07! Still, I'm not looking to sell so it doesn't really matter whether I'm in the higher than average mileage bracket or not.

Two things though:

1. It still looks like it came out of the showroom and has a full service history so it's clearly been well looked after by the one previous owner.

2. It's going to continue having above average miles over the years as I intend enjoying it rather than looking at it. :thumbs:

FRZ 911 said:
Interesting, mine's clearly had a lot of use with 77K on an 07! Still, I'm not looking to sell so it doesn't really matter whether I'm in the higher than average mileage bracket or not.

Two things though:

1. It still looks like it came out of the showroom and has a full service history so it's clearly been well looked after by the one previous owner.

2. It's going to continue having above average miles over the years as I intend enjoying it rather than looking at it. :thumbs:

Mine is a December 2004 on a 54 plate. 98k miles and counting! These cars get better the more you use them.

SCPoster said:
FRZ 911 said:

Two things though:

Mine is a December 2004 on a 54 plate. 98k miles and counting! These cars get better the more you use them.

Yep! :thumb:

Thanks for the info

Mine is a coupe 60 Plate 14,000 miles
Average for last 2 years 3,000 per annum
I plan to use it more :lol:

Only done 900 miles this year! My 07 Turbo is on 25k miles. :dont know:

isysman said:

There's always next year! :thumb:

FRZ 911 said:
isysman said:

There's always next year! :thumb:

I'm hoping to take her out when I get home before the bad weather sets in for the winter. My Mini has been spanked this year though! Two three month trips to Germany so far.

997 COAST said:
2005 36,000 miles

:eek:ld:

Bloody hell! If there's a 'most miles on a 997' competition it looks like I'd be in the running for a place on the podium at this rate! :eek:

Probably a thread in its own right.............. :?:

FRZ 911 said:
997 COAST said:
2005 36,000 miles

Bloody hell! If there's a 'most miles on a 997' competition it looks like I'd be in the running for a place on the podium at this rate! :eek:

Bought it in February with 33,600 on the clock :cigar:

997 COAST said:
FRZ 911 said:
997 COAST said:
2005 36,000 miles

Bought it in February with 33,600 on the clock :cigar:

Ah, definitely heading in the right direction....... :thumbs:

I bought my turbo a year ago its a 2011 plate and had 38K on it.

It now has done nearly 52K. Its been everywhere. Scotland (twice) France, Belgium and gets driven every day.

Just love driving it. :D

101,000k 55 plate.... 20k a year approx.... I actually use my car. Also the average annual mileage WRT sales and 'official' buying guides is 12k a year.

jjppww said:
101,000k 55 plate.... 20k a year approx.... I actually use my car. Also the average annual mileage WRT sales and 'official' buying guides is 12k a year.

That's one of the main reasons I started this investigation.

12k miles a year on a 911 more than 3 or 4 years old is well above average.

This was a fact 2 years ago when I first investigated it and it's a fact now.

See => 997 annual average mileages investigation 2013

If anything, average mileages in a 911 have reduced in the last couple of years.

It's also one of the reasons why the price guides for these cars aren't worth the paper they're written on [or whatever the 21st Century equivalent is].

Mileage is the main reason why asking prices for similar cars can vary so much. Cars showing an average of 6-8k miles per year are by far the most common. Cars with an average of 12k miles per year are actually quite rare and are almost always much cheaper - as indeed they should be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
b8n8tai
Back