Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Would you pay £295,000 for a Porsche 991 GT3 RS?

rpm

http://www.evo.co.uk/porsche/911-gt3-rs/16427/first-porsche-911-gt3-rs-hits-the-forecourt-for-295000

Only UK car on sale is up for 225 per cent of its list price

Dick Lovett's Swindon Porsche Centre showroom has advertised the UK's first used 911 GT3 RS for a staggering £295,000. The 141-mile old GT Silver car is the only one currently on sale in Britain, and as such, is advertised at 225 per cent of its original list price.

That's an increase of £163,704, which, even for a car Henry Catchpole says is 'very much worthy of its RS sticker', is steep. But Paul Smith, Dick Lovett Swindon's business manager, reckons the car's price is justified.

'This is the only 911 GT3 RS currently on sale in a UK showroom, so the price is such because there are no other 911 GT3 RSs available,' Smith explains. 'Though we have no hard evidence, it is rumoured that even RS build slots are selling for £100,000 over list price, but unlike them, this is a car you can actually drive away today.'

11781715_898448240225395_4997446977113538490_n.jpg

There has been plenty of speculation regarding these appearing on the used market. Are these prices sustainable?

I honestly cannot see or understand how a main dealer can do this. Something seems a miss!

Obviously you wouldn't order / buy one of these then want out within a hundred miles?

Thieving Twunts.

If Porsche UK had any balls/morals they would be down on them like a ton of bricks. This is not some Hooray Henry / Low Life speculating, this is an OPC doing it. . . . . banish them from the dealer network I say, or just tell Porsche A.G to sell the damn thing for 300K in the 1st place, but this current tactic sucks, particularly as they probably supplied the car new to an "understanding" customer rather than someone that genuinely wanted the car.

:agree:

Disgraceful behaviour and Porsche should investigate.

Probably fraudulent. I feel tempted to go and see it, record their story about why it's back for sale, then do some digging.

Probably done as a publicity stunt.

Sort of puts you off having any dealings with any of the opc network.

Thats a Piss Take!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Nice looking car..it's theft in broad day light! :bandit:
Taking the pi$$

Surely the price is dictated by the market. How else can they price a secondhand car?

MC

MisterCorn said:
Surely the price is dictated by the market. How else can they price a secondhand car?

MC

If people buy agreed.

I believe the 991 GT3RS was pulled a few days after it got publicity.

isysman said:

Multiple sources have claimed that it sold (for on or about the asking price) a couple of days after becoming available and has been exported.

Disco said:
isysman said:

Multiple sources have claimed that it sold (for on or about the asking price) a couple of days after becoming available and has been exported.

+1

kas750 said:
Disco said:
isysman said:

+1

All internet hearsay though if someone wants one that bad then good luck to them, unless of course they are robbing poor people to get the money to pay for it. Went to Malaysia, i read on PH, circa £200k i thought. But the only people who know are the seller and the buyer, the rest is just speculative bollox.

For some it's just a days dividend cheque. incidental small change. And there'll be another ultra 911 along shortly with titanium seat belt clasps, NASA inspired frontal area shrinking dynamic aerodynamics, artificial intelligence systems that take over the accelerator and the brakes now that he clutch is redundant for humans, kryptonite glass & diamond encrusted brake pads, 3 more seconds will be surgically shaved off the Nurburgring time and another orgasmic video by your man Harris will be, yawn, released.

But there'll be no new tech to change your puncture. You'll still have to get out in the dark, in the rain with primitive twiddly awkward neanderthal mechanical tools and blindly fumble for hours breaking your back.

Anyway off for a spin in my little boggo 996 Carrera and a bit of old school fun while the roads are quiet.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back