Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

G50 3.2 - New owner

Great looking car!

The 911 will go up in price, but the house prices could be on the decline!

you can quote the man maths to your wife :D

:thumb:

Briliant chaps - thanks!

There's very minor bubbling between the bumpers and 1/4s starting and also A surface only around the sill covers. Have it quoted for repair over the winter by a reccommended indy.

The steering wheel needs its stiching tidying up and I need to get hold of an owners manual/book pack. Any ideas where to look?

Also, I found out the car was delivered without the spoilers but in sport spec (16's and sport dampers) - I am hoping to return it to this spec and so am looking for an engine lid without a spoiler to have repainted. Any leads here would be great too!

Many thanks,

James

I managed to finally find one - an 89 leftie. It came with front & rear spoilers (as per original spec from factory) however I prefer the look of flat lid so got a flat lid, I will share my experience so as to give you a heads up. I managed to find a 2ndhand flat lid on IB forum, seller told me it was not as ex-spoilered lid but a flat lid. I made a rookie mistake and didn't check the lid properly (being a generally trusting guy). However when I tool it to my painter he said it came off a spoilered car and the holes were fillered, furthermore it had a couple of dents on the outside and the inner lip which were also fillered in. It was pretty obvious when he showed it against the light ....

Wanting things done properly we had it blasted and dents sorted and all the holes welded and then painted - it cost 400 quid at mates rates. I also had to buy a plastic grill which was another 180 with the attachment bits & bobs. I could find new black anodized metal grills and while I found a second hand one I didn't like the look of it and wasn't sure about the cost of refresh!

So my flat lid cost around 900 quid. I have seen flat lids in better condition for less money (200-250) just make sure it doesn't have any rust, dents or filled-in holes. Might be a good idea to keep an eye on the impactbumper classifieds for flat lids.

Hey Mondrian,

I've seen the post on IB. Very nice! Congrats on the buy and all the best with the backdate. Thanks for the heads up on the lid. I might just get mine welded and painted!

James

No problem, let me know if you also need a painter - Frankie did a fantastic job on mine and is very reasonable - he is in Buckingham.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back