Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

LPG cayenne 4.5 V8

I've contacted two of the more reputable companies around here,
I was told by both of them we don't do the turbo,
To many problems with fuelling and valves burning out,
Another company quoted £1600, but I could tell on the phone he was clueless,
So it seems I'll be sticking to petrol for now :frustrated:

PM sent, I trusted him with mine.

He is AC Stag trained, their ECU can inject 10-20% petrol to 'lubricate' the valves (basically adds soot to stop the exhaust valve sticking). Valve saver is the other alternative but I didn't like the idea of sticking so much through the engine as it might foul the cats.

Cheers :thumb:

I called them, it went like this

Hi I'm looking for LPG on my car

Yes sir we can do that, what car do you have ?

Cayenne turbo S !

:sad: not another one ! We can do it but they are a pita, because they are 450hp we inject 20% petrol into the LPG to stop Porsches chocolate exhaust valves melting,

Ermm mines 600bhp

:sad: :sad: :sad: you will have to ring me tomorrow, I need to see if I can get the appropriate parts,
But he certainly new his stuff,

wizard993 said:
I understand that the biggest issue is feeding the beast enough LPG under full throttle/boost.

That's the problem with petrol too.

Under full throttle it won't go past a fuel station!

So the options are LPG or somekind of refilling like this...

6db03417955204b2ce2eedb6402f3ac6_zpslb5wubxf.jpg

Haha, that'll be the 3rd or 4th one then! He is right, they look a pita. I was watching him do something whilst the engine running and the heat dissipation from the engine was huge, the blokes were sweating buckets.

You'll have to think about tank configuration, the largest that will go in the tyre well is about 42 litres, if you raise the boot floor then 60. I lost the Bose sub but put in a 6inch tube instead. If you stick a 300mm cylinder in the boot you'll get range although lose a fair amount of boot space.

I opted for the 60 litre and raised the floor but now putting in an additional 200mm cylinder behind the seats for a little more range, it should only poke above the raised floor about 100mm

my first cayenne conversion was done by Chris at P I Fuel systems in petersfield, nice knowledgeable bloke, been doing it years, really does know his stuff..

http://www.p-i-fuelsystems.co.uk/

the second cayenne i bought already had it fitted by Avon Autogas, guy called Dominic, again another very knowledgeable bloke

www.avomautogas.co.uk

can highly recommend both

im currenlty running a 90 litre tank in boot, get about 75 litres in to it from empty. ok so it takes up about 25% of boot, but still managed to fill it with 4 cases for holiday, or alternatively i get 3 spaniels in the boot for a walk ;)

moss said:
my first cayenne conversion was done by Chris at P I Fuel systems in petersfield, nice knowledgeable bloke, been doing it years, really does know his stuff..

http://www.p-i-fuelsystems.co.uk/

the second cayenne i bought already had it fitted by Avon Autogas, guy called Dominic, again another very knowledgeable bloke

www.avomautogas.co.uk

can highly recommend both

im currenlty running a 90 litre tank in boot, get about 75 litres in to it from empty. ok so it takes up about 25% of boot, but still managed to fill it with 4 cases for holiday, or alternatively i get 3 spaniels in the boot for a walk ;)

The first bloke was brilliant, really knows his stuff, and then you went elsewhere for your second one?

WTF?

Edit, sorry, just reread it. Second one already had it fitted.

Sorry.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkrt1972
Back