Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

BMW E36 Convertable Want to Sell ASAP

Gary996

Spa-Francorchamps
Hi I have a quick question

I have a BMW e36 V Reg 1999 With about 70k miles on the clock i had it mot about 16 months ago and it passed with no advisory that year i did around 300 miles in the car

The Mot has now lapsed the car has been standing for a year and i have replaced the battery and it all started first time

How would you go about getting the car mot tested i am guessing i have to purchase road tax and Insurance but if i am going to then sell the car as soon as it is mot tested it seems a waste to pay for Insurance and tax

do i have other options on getting it mot tested and passed and then put it up for sale

thanks
Gary

You don't need tax to get it MOT'd but you do need Insurance. You might be able to take out a policy and then cancel it within the 14 day cooling off period.
If it was a coupe I might well have been interested, I'm going to look at one on Friday.
In fact if you send me over some details I might be interested anyway if you are after a quick sale, I'll PM you my email address.

MC

Just give you Insurance co a ring and ask for cover for one day , they usually do that. Or ask the garage to come and pick it up for you - then it will be covered under their trade Insurance.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevemias
Back