Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Buying advice for 1987 911 3.2 Carrera cab.

Ru55.ozzie

Hi all I am new to the forum. I have been looking at classic 911's for a long time. The car in question is a black 3.2 1987 g50 gear box with 132000 miles. What should I look for expect to pay etc? This car has black leather with red piping. Looks very nice in the pics but I know this can be deceiving. Any advice welcomed. Many thanks in advance. Russ

Rust is the major issue especially in the kidney bowls. Take a look on impactbumpers.com and search rust lots of pics of problem area . Difficult if you are not familiar with car ,but if you see bubbles in door jamb near the lock latch or down by the door step cover it will be there. The panel is hidden behind the door lock panel to the inside of the car. If you reach up the wheel arch towards middle of car behind latch there is a recessed panel ( called kidney bowl because of shape) this should be solid, this tends to fill up with mud and holds water to rot out panel.
Find a good one and it's a superb car, good luck

That's great advice thank you. The car looks smart but that looks like a major issue. Any other pointers. I would post pictures of the car but I cannot get my iPad to upload them for some reason.

Yes, I do agree that rust is the major issue here. Nothing specifically for the cab, just the 911 of that age in general.

I have the exact same model as you, but mine is in diamond blue metallic. I've seen values vary drastically according to the condition. Some are midthirties upwards . I do think the Cabriolet will increase in value, Just like the other g50s are doing. But maybe the cabriolets will increase more in time They are becoming well respected as a classic , and most old classics of the same age have cabriolets worth more than the coupe

Yes, I do agree that rust is the major issue here. Nothing specifically for the cab, just the 911 of that age in general.

I have the exact same model as you, but mine is in diamond blue metallic. I've seen values vary drastically according to the condition. Some are midthirties upwards . I do think the Cabriolet will increase in value, Just like the other g50s are doing. But maybe the cabriolets will increase more in time They are becoming well respected as a classic , and most old classics of the same age have cabriolets worth more than the coupe .

Adrian Streather writes buyers guides for most Porsche models which cost under a tenner. They are small readers digest books which show photos of cars with all the things to look for. Its worth the investment.

The name of the book is Essential Buyers Guide Porsche 911 Carrera 3.2, publisher is Veloce Publishing.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back