Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Aircon in a 964

had a chat with paul on this myself , I'm going to try the impellor he refers to, .. but I'm pretty sure mine is the main fan behind the dash too.

Looks to be a real PITA to get to , and removal means cracking open the ircon pipes & possible removal of teh fuel tank

^^^^ I think you can do it by prising off the metal clips on top of the fan body and moving the AC pipes out of the way. I'm sure I've seen on RL that owners have accessed the fan squirrel cage area without taking the bulkead out like you need to do for the evaporator :pc:

993 is much simpler as they allowed easy access to replace pollen filters :roll:

sorry, meant for full removal of the fan unit if needing replacement ( although I think the replacement units are £600+ ? !!!! )

Access to the fans is much easier with the bulkhead removed. Its not a huge job, just a bit of a chore. I decided to remove the bonnet but as it gives more room, Breather tank comes off, central electrics moved out of the way and 3 screws and 4 bolts and out it slides. I did mine this afternoon to check to fans. They were both fine but gave them a lube anyway. A sweaty 3 hours taking it easy :thumb:

The Merc 190 fan is the same motor for one side (don't recall if right or left) but the fan is different as is the shaft size. These moors are sided due to the winding shape at the rear being different and how they slot into the box/enclosure.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ansonslchang
Back