Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New Generation 991 facelift shape revealed:

Minor cosmetics - still looks like a 911 to me. Surprised they missed the opportunity to pay homage to the 996 and put runny egg headlights on; but that's Porsche for you!

The real action is in the back and we can speculate as much as we like about the sound and other engine characteristics but until the road tests come out (and the test drives) we're really not going to know.

For the record, the 991 is a great 911 - my only dislike is the Halfords/Ripspeed look-a-like centre console but I could probably live with that.

Yet some more pics here

~ Maxie

I quite liked it, then I went and look at mine and thought - "Nah, there was nothing wrong with it as it was". Cleaner and less forced.

Now I just think Cayman when I look at those pics, especially the rear three quarters shot.

Not fussed on it, don't think it's an improved look over the .1. The vertical rear grill looks weird to me too.

The rear shots are awful. The slatted vertical vents make it look very much like an early Beetle to me. To my eyes it looks slightly Panamera-esque in the square-on rear shot.

From the front,the air intakes seem to ape a 360. I think the 991.1 had it right. Looking at the car in the banner above, it looks clean, curvy and warm. The face lift looks 'boxy' to me. Sorry :nooo:

T8 said:
From that second set of photos it's definitely the matt chrome surround to the lower PU vents that spoil it for me.

Facelifts rarely 'work', the 996.1 to 996.2 being a notable exception.

997.1 to 997.2 was ok.

997.2 was a perfect upgrade (IMO).

Still not sure about the 991.2 but I'll bet it looks better in the flesh. I'm very interested in the rear wheel steering that is rumoured to be coming to the S model.

My only really major worry is the sound, 991 with PSE sounds exactly like it should. Lets hope that can keep some of that character...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back