Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Nice RS replica at JZM

bigunit said:
Perfect for the 8 series ;)

It's ok thanks - I think I've figured it out :)

Hi all -the salt on the roads is killing me while the car sits in the garage; on the upside, it will almost feel like a brand new toy again when I do take it out. I notice the real thing is up for auction; a good one too, by all accounts - would be great to pair this up with mine one afternoon, so fellow forum members, please consider selling an organ to buy it :)

Have seen this RS in the flesh a good few times and can vouch for it being about as good as money can buy....will be very sad to see it leave Irish soil!!

Rich

Happy to report I finally managed to enjoy the Blue Haze this Summer, prompted by transport to Peterborough on a trailer driven by Car Storage Scotland. Their pricing was good, Mark is professional and punctual, and clearly loves his cars. No affiliation but highly reccomended.

In Peterborough is Painstshield, who applied their latest self-healing film to the bumper, bonnet, front wings, sills, mirrors and lights. It's definitely not cheap, at £ 2,360 .00 –but it does buy piece of mind when driving behind another car and/or when the front is covered in all forms of local bug life. The film is incredibly clear and mostly invisible as most of the edges are hidden. While I was at Painsthield I saw (on a test piece..!) how scratches and swirls from a wire brush, completely disappear into to high gloss by applying some warm water - pretty impressive.
Car collected from Painsthield, I drove to Hull where I took the overnight ferry to Rotterdam.

Fortunately my sister is still married to her husband :D

On Sunday, joined by a friend in another C2, we drove to Zandvoort for the Oldtimer Festival; cool event, with a lot of variety of cars racing around the track - saw a motorcycle-engined Fiat Abarth dice with a Lotus Omega whilst chasing a 944 :thumb:

There was a sub event organised by Paddock Porsche, although as we arrived mid morning this was full and we were instructed to park in an overflow, outside the track.

Couldn't help but think the organisers may have missed a trick as this meant the only 1973 RS was parked where few people would find it :dont know:

Next day I took the Ferry back to Hull – I had hoped to cut a stretch to Edinburgh by sailing to Newcastle instead, but I needn't have worried as it just meant more time to enjoy the car – avoided Motorways and had a superb drive, topped off by the sublime A697/A68 into Scotland. LOVE this car :worship:

Great photos and nice to see the car is being used.

I have to say I'm really starting to like the 964, you have a fantastic example. And great photos too.

Great post Jaap. And your 'expensive' RS-alike (based on what you paid) is now looking like a bargain :) based on today's prices. Well done!!

Nice pic's ... Cheers :thumb:

I recognise the 3rd last photo is just after crossing the bridge into Scotland at Coldstream, the 2nd last is just before you join the A68 about a mile before Carfrae Mill hotel. Is the last photo around Pathhead? Lovely car by the way!

Thanks for sharing Jaap!

The A68 is indeed a great road, we're lucky to have it on the doorstep :)

Hopefully see your car if we make it over the border to a show.

Chris

Re: Location

Thanks chaps -

stichill99 said:
I recognise the 3rd last photo is just after crossing the bridge into Scotland at Coldstream, the 2nd last is just before you join the A68 about a mile before Carfrae Mill hotel. Is the last photo around Pathhead? Lovely car by the way!

Impressive local knowledge! The last photo is Coldstream also, same spot as third to last :thumb:

Nice car & nice photos Jaap. Enjoy.

I also have the same merc in the same colour as your sister. :thumb:

Just came back down the 689 from Edinburgh to Teeside today. One of my favourite journeys. I do not know which way you came up from Hull, but I can recommend the route through Beverley and Norton to Pickering, then Hutton lie hole and over the moors. We are so lucky with the roads in the north east.

Fantastic car....

Jaap, good to see the car again. There is obviously a Porsche bug running through the family. Love the fact that the 73 RS is out and about getting used.

I am hopefully going along to Porsche in the park again this year. Not sure if it will be in a Porsche but certainly intent making the effort to see the cars.

Looking back I had forgotten I had posted the original image of the car on the forum, I have to say its an amazing car up close and great to be able to see it in the flesh.

Cheers

Tom

Some from last year. :thumb:

Nice write-up!

Saw your car in the flesh at paintshield last month when my GT3 was in for the same treatment. Yours looked a stunner, and TBH was better looking than the orange 991 GT3 RS it was parked next to!!

Thank you again for the kind words gents! Of course I thank you strictly on behalf of the car as I only bow at the altar of anyone who actually has the skills to make a 911 look this good...in this regard I'm no more than 'the driver' -not that I'm complaining 8)

Johnd52 said:
I do not know which way you came up from Hull, but I can recommend the route through Beverley and Norton to Pickering, then Hutton lie hole and over the moors. We are so lucky with the roads in the north east.

Yes I cut across from the A1 and joined that road around Norton I when I realised my error! Stunning drive.
I did Edinburgh-London in my 'practical' car today as I was practically moving house: the 840. Even with all that extra weight the A697 was still a complete joy, allowing safe overtakes on a waves of V8. Glad I didn't take the M6 -the road that is- although you do pay a heavy price on the A1/M1 as you venture South...:x

tp81 said:
Some from last year. :thumb:

Thanks very much Tom - great to see those again. What a stunning day that was; I plan to go again this year and hope for even some vaguely similar weather! here's the link for anyone thinking about it, great family day out; http://www.tartantarmac.com/porsche-glen-30th-august-2015/

Richyd said:
Saw your car in the flesh at paintshield last month when my GT3 was in for the same treatment. Yours looked a stunner, and TBH was better looking than the orange 991 GT3 RS it was parked next to!!

Thanks Rich - Stuart at Paintshield did suggest it had been a very popular car despite the 918's et al around it and seemed genuinely sad to see it go. A nice memory of the trip was hearing the car start up in Paintshield's workshop before I had seen it. Big :D before the drive had even begun.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yewcorner
Back