Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.2 to a 991 S? experiences and thoughts please

Vortex

Hi, I've been looking at 991's for a while and thinking of changing my 2011 997.2 Black Edition with 17000 miles on it for a 991 Carrera S. I'd be looking at a used 991 (probably 2 years old) and I'm quite sure I will stick with a manual (I have another car so this will only be used for evenings and weekends and the occasional commute). I've driven PDK and like it but I think I just prefer manuals.

Welcome thoughts on the change, really enjoyed the 997.2 and it's still in immaculate condition with a Porsche warranty. Anyone changed from a 997 to a 991 who can give any insight?. I've driven 991's but you don't really get an idea with short drives in a demo car. I drove the 991 GTS on a day out at the Porsche Experience Centre at Silverstone which got me thinking about a 991 S.

Is a 991 less of a fun / drivers car than a 997.2? I don't want to regret selling my 997 so want to be sure before leaping in. I'd be looking for a similar look in a 991 as I have with the current 997 Black Edition by going for Basalt Black with Carrera Classic alloys (alough I quite like the standard S alloys).

Many thanks

I changed from a 997.2 to 991 and no complaints I prefer PDK, having manual not recommended in my opinion.
991 better ride, better interior design, simply better. Go for it.

bayrak said:
I changed from a 997.2 to 991 and no complaints I prefer PDK, having manual not recommended in my opinion.

Ill second that, had a 997.2 and part-ex for a 991 S PDK, Manual although great cars, seem to be less sought after come to selling it !

cambsguy said:
bayrak said:

Ill second that, had a 997.2 and part-ex for a 991 S PDK, Manual although great cars, seem to be less sought after come to selling it !

Understand the manuals are much more difficult to sell but I was looking to pay about £5-6k less for a manual against a PDK so hopefully I can make it attractively priced against PDK cars when I come to sell it. I planning to keep it 3 years or maybe as long as 4 years. Does this sound about the right 'discount' on the price for having the clearly less desirable manual car? To me a lot of the manuals on the market seem to have less spec than the PDK cars as well, for example quite a few don't have Sports Chrono (obviously less crucial in a manual to a PDK car).

I personally wouldn't be concerned buying a manual based on ease of resale. In the performance car market there will always be enthusiasts who will ONLY buy a manual. In fact, I'll put my neck out and say that over the next 4 years they may become sought after as PDK becomes the norm.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back