Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991 Targa GTS or wait for Gen II

BTJ

Afternoon All,
I have a dilemma, I have the chance at a Targa GTS for a Nov/Dec delivery but I'm unsure whether it will be financial suicide with the Gen II due out early next year, there is also the whole Turbo V's NA argument. Would appreciate any views as my head is mince!
Current car is a 991 4S Cab.
Cheers!

A very tough call as I haven't had time to digest/consider the 991.2. But surely the GTS being the last of the NA 911's ever has to count for something. Look what happened to value of the 993 as the last air-cooled.

I'd expect the 991.2 Targa and GTS variants to be released a fair bit later down the line. The 'basic' Carreras normally come first.

I assume by the 'Turbo v NA argument' you mean the fact that the 991.2 will be a Turbocharged ....... if so, what most lights your candle?

The 991.2 will more 'different' to your existing car than any other 991.1 so unless you want 'the same but newer' it might be worth waiting.

The problem is that you are looking at the thick end of £120k for a Targa GTS with a bit of spec and while it may hold value a bit better than it would have if the 991.2 was a NA car I can still see you taking quite a bath on it if you plan to sell it in 2 or 3 years.

Now if you where looking at a used one at £90k that would be a different story. I think a used normal GTS at £90ish K would be a much better place to park your money as demand will be a lot higher for them used compared to a Targa.

When I was selling my Gen 1 Targa 4 I had to price it in a range comparable to a normal C2 before I managed to sell it.

Thanks for your thoughts! Think I'll wait & see what the Gen II is like, if it's terrible then I can live the rest of my Porsche days in my C4S, it's a lovely place to be!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
b8n8tai
Back