Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Best spark plugs to use for a modified 996TT ?

hacka1979

I'm planning to replace my plugs and coil packs over the next few weeks. Have bought a set of the 997 (Beru) coil packs but am struggling to work out which plugs to go for as there is so much conflicting information out there :?

The car is modified and is running around 1.3 bar boost with K16 billet turbos. What plugs are other modified owners running ?

DENSO Double Platinum Spark Plug [PK20PR-PR I use these in my 997 Turbo and they last very well. :thumb:

I use Iridium in all my turbo cars, IK22's in my 996T at the moment 1.5 bar boost on Alpha 28's and no missfires.

hacka1979 said:
I'm planning to replace my plugs and coil packs over the next few weeks. Have bought a set of the 997 (Beru) coil packs but am struggling to work out which plugs to go for as there is so much conflicting information out there :?

The car is modified and is running around 1.3 bar boost with K16 billet turbos. What plugs are other modified owners running ?

Where did you get the Beru's from? ECP? I need to order a set too.

Most peeps fit 997T coil packs :thumbs:

Sorry Hacka, I am hijacking your thread!

I was just about to post a thread myself regarding spark plugs when I saw yours and have unintentionally jumped in!

Thanks for all the responses guys :D

With regard to the coil packs, I called Euro Car Parts too but they're on back order with no confirmed date when they'll have stock at the moment. So I ended up buying them from Beru direct (via Amazon)....
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00CEFFTDW/ref=pe_385721_37986871_TE_item

Total cost = £166 delivered from Germany

However I've just checked and they only have 3 left in stock :nooo:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davey2233
Back