Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

918 at Wilmslow

Given all the angst over car orders and 'letters of intent' and peoples frustration about lists and favouritism, how on earth is it that a customers car is now for sale via an OPC at a profit?

:dont know:

There was defo more than 5- IIRC when we picked up our new Cayenne from Reading in March there was at least 8 out the back with UK plates. This was the only photo I could get as we were not supposed to take pics.

Some other nice things there too!

20242294551_f461d17552_k.jpg

Chris_in_the_UK said:
Given all the angst over car orders and 'letters of intent' and peoples frustration about lists and favouritism, how on earth is it that a customers car is now for sale via an OPC at a profit?

:dont know:

With the 918 all you had to do was order one - supplies were not in constraint relative to orders until after deliveries had started IIRC. You had something like a year after they started taking orders until the books were full. Many (notably including Chris Harris) were convinced that they wouldn't find buyers for all of the cars. They were ultimately wrong, but the point is that there are a hell of a lot less potential buyers for a car that costs a million than one below £150k...

thebig25 said:
There was defo more than 5- IIRC when we picked up our new Cayenne from Reading in March there was at least 8 out the back with UK plates. This was the only photo I could get as we were not supposed to take pics.

Is that car white or cream?!

^^^^ Looks like peach :dont know: 959 behind it would be the one for me :worship:

michael243 said:
thebig25 said:

Is that car white or cream?!

iPhone pic! Car was speed yellow. There was a guards red one with the weissach(sp?) pack which was my favourite.

Wow! Riviera blue 918 and a white GT3RS 4.0! Even next to those 918s the GT3RS still looks stunning.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back