Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Red 964 with amber indicators

Jcx

Estoril
Hi Folks,

Too many pictures of late persuaded me to swap my (like new) clear indicators back to amber. I'm now selling the clears if i get a fair offer. http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?p=1103197#1103197

What do you think?

Amber02_zpsisfa66fs.jpg

Amber01_zpso15hb6yz.jpg

Leeds%20Castle%20LARGE-No_zpsx9afiwbk.jpg

IMG_3815-No_zpstjdkjhgr.jpg

Lovely car either way Joe 8)

I've always preferred Guards Red with amber indicators :)

Its partially because a lot of "clears" look white. Finding a good set isn't easy.

Chris

Lovely looking car Joe , clear for me though , less colour clutter ! :thumb:

Jcx said:
Hi Folks,

What do you think?

Shoite :thumb: Personal choice and I went back to Amber as they look better than white against silver paintwork - creates a contrast. Not sure with GR though as the colour hues are very similar. In some lights however they will look better than bright sunlight :dont know:

flying_scotsman said:
Lovely car either way Joe 8)

You are a good man Mike.

deutschland-dobson said:
I've always preferred Guards Red with amber indicators :)

Its partially because a lot of "clears" look white. Finding a good set isn't easy.

Chris

Took me a while but I'm right with you now Chris.

kp964 said:
Lovely looking car Joe , clear for me though , less colour clutter ! :thumb:

I always used to think the same Keith. Age changes people... :-/

Zingari said:
Jcx said:
Hi Folks,

What do you think?

Shoite :thumb: Personal choice and I went back to Amber as they look better than white against silver paintwork - creates a contrast. Not sure with GR though as the colour hues are very similar. In some lights however they will look better than bright sunlight :dont know:

Funny isn't it?! I'd rather see white indicators on your car Z as I prefer the lack of contrast. Hence also why I like the Amber on the red, it's a lack of contrast and it makes the front look correctly proportioned where I think the clears make the front bumper too prominent.

Maybe it's just the photo, but the amber's seem to fit better. I voting for Amber.

I think clears. Looks rubbish with ambers.

I am prepared to take them off yor hands as a favour!

😀

Clears for me, your GR car simply just looks a lot "cleaner" with less colour clashing.

PeterS`s shiny new Gulf Blue on the other hand, just has to have ambers :grin:

I like amber, think it suits guards red, think clear looks a bit bland, clear looks good with a black, white, grey car etc.
At the end of the day it's down to personal taste

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back