Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996TT buying

looks very nice with good subtle upgrades, not bad value in the present market either, may be it could be aggled to nearer 30K then i personally think a real good buy. just check when rads were changed full service history etc.but with 9e looking after it there should be no major dramas.

This was on at Portiacraft before, wasn't it? 9E cars are very good and this one has a great spec. Great colour too. The price could just be a sign of the market levelling where before it was rising?

Definitely worth a look, IMHO. But as always if you're not an expert get someone who is to inspect it before you start final negotiations would be my advice.

Good luck. :thumb:

We have looked after the car for many years. It is a lovely example and the owner has not cut corners.

The only thing I would say is that it would benefit from having our tuning on it, which is something the owner was planning to do. Unfortunately the owner needed to sell. I don't know why it has gone through a couple of dealers.

Would recommend it...very nice car.

Ken

I saw this for sale a while back... Surprised Ken that he didn't ask you to sell it on his behalf if you've looked after it??

Seems good value, it's very very close spec to my car, and has many things that I think a few of us would like to do/have done to our cars such as bigger brakes, exhaust, remap... if I'm honest would expect it to be snapped up at that price... Maybe it's the seats, much as I like them, maybe that is putting some people off?

(Cue Chesire911 with his "I told you standard cars sell for more" :D)

Seems like a realistic price. Take it.

mazza said:
I saw this for sale a while back... Surprised Ken that he didn't ask you to sell it on his behalf if you've looked after it??

Seems good value, it's very very close spec to my car, and has many things that I think a few of us would like to do/have done to our cars such as bigger brakes, exhaust, remap... if I'm honest would expect it to be snapped up at that price... Maybe it's the seats, much as I like them, maybe that is putting some people off?

(Cue Chesire911 with his "I told you standard cars sell for more" :D)

I think it was a combination of things why we did not sell it including the fact that at the time many months ago it was not something that I really was in to doing, which has changed now.

However there is a big difference between a 9e car and a car that is maintained by us - unless it is a package from us then it is not a 9e car. As I have mentioned the first thing I would do is change the tuning side.

A good car and we can remove the logo etc but if it was turned into a 9e car then maybe leave that - most
9e cars have logo stuff on seats etc or badge and so on - entirely up to the customer of course

Ken

Thanks everyone, it does look a great car and for me the fact it's had the work done is what's appealing about it, as like you said it's probably the type of things I would end up doing with a standard one eventually.

Who could I get to PPI the car up Yorkshire where the dealer is? I'll call the dealer tomorrow and ask if they are happy with me having a ppi done prior to me viewing as I'd rather know what i'm going to travel 4hrs too see in advance, is this a fair request?

Ken, how many hours would you guess it would take to remap the car with you?

Playo said:
Thanks everyone, it does look a great car and for me the fact it's had the work done is what's appealing about it, as like you said it's probably the type of things I would end up doing with a standard one eventually.

Who could I get to PPI the car up Yorkshire where the dealer is? I'll call the dealer tomorrow and ask if they are happy with me having a ppi done prior to me viewing as I'd rather know what i'm going to travel 4hrs too see in advance, is this a fair request?

Ken, how many hours would you guess it would take to remap the car with you?
I need the car for one week. Sometimes it will take less, but generally around that time since we do some stuff other than the tuning side as part of it. PM me for more info.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back