Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

3000 miles or 30 days to interim service

freeness

Ladies and Gentleman

Anyone know the cost of a interim service?
will i get different price from different OPC's?

is it worth taking it back to the OPC got it from a year ago, they said they would come and collect and return it. but its about 80 miles away from me .

thoughts on the above please

Thanks

With brake fluid change mine was close to 700 quid at local opc. Took a courtesy car not collection from home.

Its a 2012 991

Which I bought last year from a opc. So still has the 2 year Warranty.

Anyone use the opc in Hatfield

Yep I've used the guys at Hatfield. Tony is the service manager there and a really nice bloke.

If it's a 2012, it must have had its 2 year service (£700 with break fluid, but I negotiated it down to £550), it doesn't need anything until 4 years, but if like me you want to change the oil every year, it should be no more than 1 hours labor+ oil and filter price.
The rest of an interim is prety much covered in the checks they do for your mot, so it realy isn't worth doing anything other than an oil change at 3/5/7 years.

Negotiate price, and play one against another barter town it will save you £'s. I also have an oil change every year regardless of mileage ( these cars need looking after). Supply your own oil that saves. Get a courtesy car free from OPC you only need your driving liecence both parts, and get to drive the range. :thumb:

Dropped my car of at Hatfield OPC today for the Major service

hopefully they do a good job -

Been having problems with a bumpy ride over the last couple of months
auto stop start de-actived on start up error (apply parking braking break turn on off then back on always sorts that out)
check rear brake light - always been a problem since i got the car, when ever im on the motorway or A road travelling at a reasonable speed when i apply the brake the error pops up - already have the rear brake light changed in the beginning - so that cant be the problem.

anyone else had any recalls ?

I noticed on the sheet there was a RED RECALL stamp on the paper work - asked the service front desk what that was for - they said a possible software update ??

Will be interesting to see what it was when i get the car back.

As long as you're not past the official 2 years, just get it serviced at the mileage point.

How did you get on with the software update?

Got the car back on Wednesday. Service made a big difference. The ride had stopped being so bumpy and is a lot more settled. Lol when I first got it.

One recall was a software update the other one something about a engine cover. Didn't give me any more details than that as I got there just before they closed and I was in a rush.

Seems to have sorted out my slight problem with the power steering plus. It didn't weight up enough when picking up speed. Now it weights up nicely. Feels like more weight than before and a better steering feel.

Also battery was a bit low so they recharged over night. So don't know if that helped anything.

Going to dropped them a email to find the exact email on the recall.

Overall feels a lot better.

I had a gts for the 3 days they had my car. It was a very nice drive.. Only thing was the wheel felt really heavy.. Compared to the powet steering plus.... Lol at Low speed anyway.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back